Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:17 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times

Advertisements

2 black males rob a man in his home. the homeowner chases the two men out of his home and into a parking lot. the two robbers ran the man over, and then shot 2 more ppl.

also, a hispanic man is arrested for shooting ppl with a high-powered rifle on a major highway.

and, on the 417 today, a state trooper's car is hit, injuring 3 officers, while his car was parked on the 417 as they were observing an accident that had happened shortly before. the news said that this was the forth, yes forth time this week, yes this week, that a state trooper's car has been hit while attending to another accident. can ppl not see what's going on in front of them? not paying attention? i just dont get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Welcome to Orlando where only 35% of the population has a valid social security number!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:27 AM

57 posts, read 156,668 times
Welcome to Florida. Sounds like a slow news day to me around here. If you live in Florida you have to have a gun.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 AM

me? born and raised floridian. new to orlando though. and i do have a gun.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM

57 posts, read 156,668 times
I have lots. Rarely leave the house without one especially in Jacksonville. It's a war zone.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 AM

8 posts, read 44,891 times
not paying attention. DING!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 PM

here's the article about the hispanic man shooting at vehicles on the highway. what an idiot.

Man arrested after firing rifle at vehicles
Posted on Sat, Aug. 25, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM print email
The Associated Press

HAINES CITY, Fla. -- A man was arrested early Saturday after shooting at three vehicles and injuring two people, police said.

Officers responded to the shooting and found the man standing on the side of the road holding a MAK-90 automatic rifle, according to a Haines City Police report. The man gave officers three different names, so the officers listed him as a John Doe, according to the report.

Witnesses told the officers that the man shot at three different vehicles, hitting each of them several times.

Adeline Paradiso was seriously injured from a gunshot wound to the leg, according to the report. She was taken to the Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center and was expected to recover. Another victim received minor injuries from shattered glass.

The man was transported to the Polk County Jail. He was charged with three counts of attempted first-degree murder, three counts of resisting arrest without violence and one count of aggravated assault.

A telephone message left with the jail's public information officer was not immediately returned.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 PM

unfortunately, i feel the same way. before i moved to orlando, not one specific race or ethnic group got on my nerves. i gave everyone a fair shot, and met so many nice ppl of all races. but, here in orlando, i have had bad luck with hispanics, particularly puerto-ricans, and it seems like everytime i have a problem, with neighbors, in traffic, whatever, many times it is a puerto-rican. i just dont know what it is, but i can't seem to level with some of them. however, one of my other neighbors, whose puerto-rican also (i know, i have many of them as neighbors) is very nice and despises the pr'ns that are giving them a bad name. he embraces the american culture, and on the 4th of july, he wore a tee-shirt with the american flag on it, which is the opposite of what my other pr neighbors did. they put the pr flag up in their yards

orlando is not the same place, and i want out. it's true. sorry.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 PM

25 posts, read 85,759 times
[deleted]
Well I have to watch the news because I am in training but ever since I was 13 years old, I have noticed that it gets worse and worse every year. I still remember when Washington, D.C. had over 365 murders in one year earning the name "Murder Capital of the US," and now it seems that is a number that no one frowns at.

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-28-2007 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: orphaned posts

Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
amazing to hear all the racist remarks regarding hispanics. The majority of hispanics in Orlando happen to be Puerto Ricans but that doesn't surprise. I'm cuban american and find Orlando to be very hickish in many aspects especially when it comes to race relations.

dvigor the majority of hispanics in Florida are either PRs or Cubans....PRs are citizens of the US & Cubans are political refugees so spare me the "we let them in speech".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando