Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 PM

141 posts, read 589,399 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Does anyone know why there are no 3-car garages in the Southchase subdivision. I can't find one. PH 1B section????

why? There are nearly more 3-car garages as a norm here than 2-car.
Can't owners add one? There is land for some of the houses, and I see up to 4 cars in the driveways of the area.

what gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
One reason of course is price of adding the 3rd car, another is 2 car was the norm when these subdivisions were built out although the trend is changing.

Hunters Creek area has three homes with a 3 car and pools starting at $200, then $220, next $490,

Hope this helps,

Old 11-15-2011, 05:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWorld Bound View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know why there are no 3-car garages in the Southchase subdivision. I can't find one. PH 1B section????

why? There are nearly more 3-car garages as a norm here than 2-car.
Can't owners add one? There is land for some of the houses, and I see up to 4 cars in the driveways of the area.

what gives?
That was something I failed to notice when I lived in Southchase. Most of those homes are mid-90s construction.

3 car garages are practically standard here in Las Vegas, even homes in poorer neighborhoods have 3 car garages

Old 11-16-2011, 11:47 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
There are 5 homes with 3 car garages in the 32837 zip code. they range from 200- 400k approx.

Most of the lots won't have the room to build one as there is a set back requirement from Orange County of at least 5'.

Hope this helps.

ken

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 AM

141 posts, read 589,399 times
I would add a 3rd car garage to any home, but must be able to by rules/land. One home in Southchase is a large 5 bedroom home, but it would need a garage with large storage area added to one side and then the kitchen would be changed into an eat-in area, building a new kitchen and a new dining room to the other side of the home (I prefer dining facing front of home, & change the exsisting dining into an office) But, it had neighbors and want none to as little as I have to put up with.
Any kitchen would be re-done to be what I have now, just need the correct space.
Since another poster mentioned Hunters Creek, I read on this forum about HOA saying the owner had one too many trees and had to remove it. Um, that would be a problem for me, as I just put in trees!
A home just came back on the market in HC area, but we would need to add a 3rd and possibly 4th garage to it. Kitchen redone. Only one neighbor as it was on a corner and a cul-de-sac (we are on one now and would really prefer another). And it was already fenced in. (Fence a must or make sure we could add one, prefer concrete)
It is really hard to determine if a home would work for us, as some homes have no pictures or bedroom sizes and we are not down there to just go and look when one would come available.
Still trying to do legwork from here, so when the house is found...

Old 11-21-2011, 12:24 AM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times
3 car garages are not the norm here unless you are in a more upscale area. In the areas around SeaWorld, 1 & 2 car garages will be the norm. In older developments carports are also seen quite frequently. I live in Hunter's Creek and though there are many homes with 3 car garages here, 2 car garages far out-number 3 car garages.

It would probably be difficult to add a 3rd garage area as most of the lot sizes would not have the extra room to accommodate such. This is "cookie cutter" squeeze as many homes on the land as possible country. No big open lots I can think of around SeaWorld.

Hunter's Creek HOA can be a pain in the behind if you want to be able to "do as you please", but it serves its community well as far as keeping property values up and trash out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando