Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 AM

541 posts, read 1,995,280 times

Advertisements

All "Hispanics" are white (unless they are more than one race.) There are THREE races- Black, White and Asian. Period. Just because the government pulled the term "Hispanic" out of their butts at some point in time does not mean there are "Brown Hispanics" and "White Hispanics." LOL.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:10 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
well personally I would say that "Hispanic" refers to language -- within this category there are whites, mestizos, blacks and some completely indigenous peoples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
All "Hispanics" are white (unless they are more than one race.) There are THREE races- Black, White and Asian. Period. Just because the government pulled the term "Hispanic" out of their butts at some point in time does not mean there are "Brown Hispanics" and "White Hispanics." LOL.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:38 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
I am astounded I have to specify the difference to adults here. ETHNICITY. COUNTRY.

Please take your silly semantics somewhere else. It's exactly what I said is so friggin' annoying about this types of discussion. Stop beating around the bush and accept/answer the simple question. By acting this way you're only proving my point more and more.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 AM

88 posts, read 846,910 times
Default I'll refrain....

...as although I had no intention of putting up a straw man argument, that was how it seemed to you to come across. I will therefore stop waving as you'd not be sure if I was indeed waving or drowning.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 15,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
I was just going to quote that too, I agree. My parents immigrated to the US from South America in the early 60's. They learned English, educated themselves and worked hard to get ahead in a new country. I was born in the US and so was my son, who is a teenager. It IS the hispanic trash that gives us (the white Hispanic educated person) a bad reputation. And I do think that my child thinks that what is around us is an accurate representation of his people/background. Very sad.
It seems to me that EVERY race has it's TRASH!! Trash comes in th form of behavior and the words that we speak. Congratulation on being a white Hispanic educated person! That sounds like quite an accomplishment. I'll be sure to share the difference to my college students from the perspective of a Educated Black Hispanic Professor. It is really sad that there is so much anger here and a strong need to say "Hey I'm not like THEM"!! Good for you. Keep on educating yourself and perhaps take the initiative to educate someone else. It's so easy to hide behind a computer, pass judgement, and spit out venom. The apple does not fall far from the tree so here's to the next generation! Cheers!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee1957 View Post
...as although I had no intention of putting up a straw man argument, that was how it seemed to you to come across. I will therefore stop waving as you'd not be sure if I was indeed waving or drowning.
Great response. "I'll just act more intelligent than you and hope it passes off that way since I indeed cannot answer the original question".

Old 09-03-2007, 10:50 PM

88 posts, read 846,910 times
As far as I was concerned, I had. Just not to your satisfaction. EOT as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Great response. "I'll just act more intelligent than you and hope it passes off that way since I indeed cannot answer the original question".

Last edited by ceebee1957; 09-03-2007 at 11:20 PM..

Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I 100% agree!! You have described our experiences exactly--not at a concert, but in life in general here! And we give everyone the respect they deserve until they show we need to do otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Something happened to me at a concert at Hard Rock Live recently that is just a prime example of how the new "culture" act.
I waited in line for 4 hours to get it and get up front for the show. Once inside everyone, including a few Latin couples (straight AND gay!) were talking enjoying the music etc. Then suddenly we all started getting pushed and shoved out of the way and see two Hispanic couples pushing their way to the front row. When confronted about this, they just **** their heads and put their hands up and start chattering away. So then they start smoking a cigarette. This is a no smoking place. My friend with me is allergic to smoke. When we tell them this and to please extinguish the smoke they got a major attitude and told us we could leave. Someone behind me heard this and went to get someone and of course the scum start threatening to find the guy after the show and "cap him". So regardless, I am stuck by these people for the entire show. They talked and laughed and weren't watching the show at all. One of the girls had 50 foot long hands and was clapping right in this persons ear. They asked politely for her to clap away from her ear and she got an attitude again and told her she would clap anywhere she wants. Then they chattered more (in Spanish) the whole night.

That example above holds true for most all of my bad experiences here in Orlando. Generally Hispanic (PR), no common courtesy, everything is about THEM and what they want, no respect (cutting into line, whether on the interstate, a line at the theater, a restaurant, seems to be common practice for this type of person), and a general "I can do whatever I want and if you don't like it I will kill you" attitude.

I love Orlando. I love all the city offers and I am very Pro-living here. However I cannot and will not deny the fact that a certain segment of the population here is completely ruining the place. Racist? I think most people are stupid in general in some form or fashion, but the truth is that a large portion of the Hispanic population are causing major divide in this town.

I want to mention everyone screams about Illegal Immigrants that are ruining Florida and I disagree. It's the LEGAL ones that feel like they are owed the world that are doing this.

I have yet to witness an illegal immigrant actually having the audacity to act like what I described above.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
I think Alot of the problem might have to do with the Hip-hop culture or some other factors. Growing up in Miami i had lots of hispanic people in my school and neighborhood.......

I really don't think the problem is the 'whole" race or culture of Puerto Ricans....I think the problem is the "majority" of thier youth

I knew lots of Cubans and Colombians that came here to start a new life and even though they couldnt speak the language they tryed to learn and they worked hard to make new lives here and accepted our culture as well....They also were more humble compared to Puerto Rican people i have encountered in Orlando(the bad example ones i mean) .......Most Cuban families that are old school don't like flaunting big gold chains and acting like thugs ...it isnt tolerated with alot of the older Cuban people for their children to act with disrespect or cocky like the Hip-Hop generation portays......Now im not saying that there isnt some rude Cubans, Whites, Colombians, Blacks, ect.......but its a big issue in Orlando with the Puerto Rican youth....I don't know if the problem is thier culture, or being from the area in NYC where they mostly come from, or if it is the Hip-hop culture.....All i know is that a majority of the Puerto Rican youth think its cool to act like its all about "THEM" and "F" the culture and morals of the new city/place they live in........

In Orlando there are some nice Puerto Rican people i have met......and i mean that....... but the difference is that the majority of Puerto Rican youth has an arrogance that is a big turn off to "everybody" that works hard to make a life for themselves (including people in thier own race)......another thing is that in Orlando most Puerto Ricans have thier flag hanging from the rearview or painted on thier cars ect....but no american flag to go beside it......When i lived in Miami I saw tons of Cuban flags but there were a big majority of those people that placed the U.S. flag right next to it out of respect for living here.....Come on now Puerto Ricans please do the same if you aren't already doing that and beat your kids if they are acting in a way that makes your people look bad.......just my 2 cents

Old 09-04-2007, 05:55 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Minorities are now the majority in Denver
I think every group does have its trash (and some of them are wearing suits!)
And yes, racism exists, and has existed for some time now.
But how you deal with it, and how you achieve upward mobility, is reflected by your attitude, your work habits, and maybe even some sacrifice.
Quote:
I want to mention everyone screams about Illegal Immigrants that are ruining Florida and I disagree. It's the LEGAL ones that feel like they are owed the world that are doing this.
This makes sense to me.
Look at what happened to Japan, (and Japanese-Americans) in the 40's, and look at Japan, (and Japanese-Americans) today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando