Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:25 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times

Advertisements

i saw in a magazine today delivered to our house that about 40% of ppl in orlando are now from a different culture. like i said, were givin' miami a run for it's money!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
^ not really since 59% of Miami's population are foreign born. Do foreigners scare you? and what magazine was that?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM

88 posts, read 264,725 times
Default What magazine was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ not really since 59% of Miami's population are foreign born. Do foreigners scare you? and what magazine was that?
The East Orlando Sun. It was an article by Beat Kahli stating how diverse Orlando is just about equal to Miami and it named a few other towns. Home delivery. Do you get it too?
I think the point is that it's becoming overrun here in Orlando. I'm certainly not a racist and I consider myself very fair minded but this is getting out of hand. There needs to be a LIMIT ON HOW MANY people are allowed into the country. That's all, it's getting unbalanced. There are universal laws you know. moonbeam

Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM

the magazine is called something like, "avalon park lifestyle" or something similar.

miamirob, this is a pretty recent trend here in orlando, not miami. so if orlando is down by 19%, considering the way orlando is headed, we are catching up sooner rather than later. you all in miami have been in a downward spiral for quite some time. orlando only the last 5-7 yrs... maybe 10 or so. so we are right behind you, unfortunately.

yes, it is scary. i'd expect this in miami but not orlando.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
It used to be that you had the little Saigon in downtown Orlando... you had Eatonville and Maitland and that added to the local culture but was distinctly Orlando and part of the landscape. Now days though you have so many people who are foreign born it is just contributing to the rootless feeling here. It used to be you could go to downtown Orlando and you could call it your city but now it feels like somebody else's city.

I don't think it's just foreign born people living here, you have got so many transplants all at once, especially after 1998 and the housing boom took off it has totally changed the landscape of many of the small towns. It used to be those were real towns that were seperated somewhat now they have grown together.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 AM

239 posts, read 799,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Do foreigners scare you?
LOL. The increase of foreigners (especially ghetto-class Hispanics) mirrors the increase in crime, and this guy has the nerve to ask such a silly question!

I've lived in Orlando for a total of 10 years...usually 2 to 3 years at a time for work. They also had me in Tampa and Atlanta.

Orlando has gone downhill so fast over the past 6 years. And YES, YES, FRIGGIN YES! It is because the American culture in Orlando has been swallowed up and replaced by a 3rd world mentality.

Call me a racist...honest to god, I don't think I could possibly care less anymore. It used to bother me, but I will no longer live my life scared to death of being called a racist when any idiot can see what's going on. Just you wait and see...in 2025 when only 15% of Orlando is white, and crime quadruples, they will be blaming the white people for moving out LOL.

Orlando will become "Little PR". I din't think ANYONE wants that - including people from PR.

Get a grip Orlando...wake up!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 AM

stupid flanders i agree with you completely, and have stated everything you have once before... just be careful what you say... i got a "warning" for what i said (similar to what you have said), so just be careful. i dont wanna get kicked off of here, or you either...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Thumbs down Here's the truth!

It is absolutely ridiculous that the US can't afford a FENCE OVER THE DAMN BORDERS! Greece has fences around their borders! all this millions of dollars spent on Ford dealerships on every corner, could have been invested in a fence! so these people understand that this is not their damn playground, come here and take our jobs and lower our wages! Oh, and before you all start telling me how they do "low class" jobs here....what kind of better life that is compared in their country? you're telling me they can do low jobs here, but not in their country? interesting?! and what low jobs are those exactly? because my garbage is not even touched by people anymore, is automated,
By the way, I have actually visited Spain (in Europe), and have NOT seen such behavior there anywhere, and what worst...they all spoke English.

What is happening in Florida now, is a disaster! This is NOT CULTURE! I have experienced REAL HISPANIC CULTURE and THIS is Hispanic trash. I am sorry, this is not about being racist, this is poor behavior, behavior has nothing to do with being racist, they just all hide under the "racist umbrella" so that they can go: poor me! but not realize that nobody forces them to blow their speakers so loud, and be obnoxious drivers! It is parents faults here...not the city or the white people! it is what they learn at home before entering public worlds!
Common sense is something parents should teach, and if the parents don't know what that is....then how are the kids going to learn? I can't say they learn in schools, as they don't speak English to understand their teachers! nor that common sense should be the teachers responsibility!? THAT IS THE PARENT RESPONSABILITY! THE PARENT TEACHES NOT TO STEAL, ETC....I really feel bad for those kids because their parents are lazy and have no respect for the country that feeds them!

I happen to know Hispanic white clean people, and it really sucks to be them! because they are also automatically associated with the trash....every country has it's own trash, we here, just seem to get ours and other countries as well, which sucks!

How can you stop the illegal immigration? when illegals are allowed to work here?!
Do yo know that a honest white person has to wait over 8 months to receive a work permit? and yet, these people just swim here and start working the next day?! how is THAT fair?

It is a HUGE shame that the US, which is looked up too by so many other countries, can't keep it's own population in control....and with health insurance! don't even get me into maternity leave! I lost my job over it, and now they all go: ohh! you have a gap in employment! Duh! YOU THINK!?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am sorry, but our Gov, really needs to get their priorities straight! Some old people working there really need to retire and let young people run this place and get some things done! and not spend money like trust fund kids! get an accountant that can actually count!

I am going to go and send my resume out to 100 people again and see, I feel like I am going fishing! see who bites!

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-29-2007 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: racist content

Old 08-29-2007, 12:37 PM

239 posts, read 799,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
This is NOT CULTURE! I have experienced REAL HISPANIC CULTURE and THIS is Hispanic trash...
You sound just like my wife. She is Hispanic, born in Panama, went to grade school in Brazil, and graduated high school in Cuba (Father was a diplomat). As I've said on these boards before, SHE (the Latina) has put ME (the white guy) on notice that we will not raise our children in Orlando because of the negative Hispanic influence. She says...and I quote..."It would be sad for our children to think that this is their heritage, and these are an accurate representation of their people".

Last edited by Stupid Flanders; 08-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: quotes and sp

Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
FNM

15 posts, read 50,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
You sound just like my wife. She is Hispanic, born in Panama, went to grade school in Brazil, and graduated high school in Cuba (Father was a diplomat). As I've said on these boards before, SHE (the Latina) has put ME (the white guy) on notice that we will not raise our children in Orlando because of the negative Hispanic influence. She says...and I quote..."It would be sad for our children to think that this is their heritage, and these are an accurate representation of their people".
I was just going to quote that too, I agree. My parents immigrated to the US from South America in the early 60's. They learned English, educated themselves and worked hard to get ahead in a new country. I was born in the US and so was my son, who is a teenager. It IS the hispanic trash that gives us (the white Hispanic educated person) a bad reputation. And I do think that my child thinks that what is around us is an accurate representation of his people/background. Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando