Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM

123 posts, read 252,932 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Back on track to move to Orlando, and wondering where are the sources to find apartments in and around the area? Craigslist seems to be mostly realtors and communities (managed apartments), and the Orlando sentinel likes to apartments.com it seems. Apartments.com is all managed anyway. Any good sources for finding non-managed apartments?

BTW, I'm looking for something low-cost and clean/safe for now (will look into buying in 6m - 1y), so willing to compromise on size. Ideally I'd eventually like to be downtown, but for now the areas that seem decent are Winter Park, downtown (though I expect anything here would be expensive), Windermere, perhaps Altamonte Springs. My office will most likely be just south of downtown, edgewater area, or Sand Lake/OBT area, so I want to be not too far from there.

Cheers,
-Neil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray_Dude View Post
Hi all,

Back on track to move to Orlando, and wondering where are the sources to find apartments in and around the area? Craigslist seems to be mostly realtors and communities (managed apartments), and the Orlando sentinel likes to apartments.com it seems. Apartments.com is all managed anyway. Any good sources for finding non-managed apartments?

BTW, I'm looking for something low-cost and clean/safe for now (will look into buying in 6m - 1y), so willing to compromise on size. Ideally I'd eventually like to be downtown, but for now the areas that seem decent are Winter Park, downtown (though I expect anything here would be expensive), Windermere, perhaps Altamonte Springs. My office will most likely be just south of downtown, edgewater area, or Sand Lake/OBT area, so I want to be not too far from there.

Cheers,
-Neil.
Due to the horrific highway called I-4, Winter Park and Altamonte Springs are not convenient to south of downtown or Sand Lake/OBT so I would reconsider those options. Thornton Park, Park Lake/Highlands, North Colonialtown, Delaney Park and Lake Ivanhoe/North Orange Ave are good areas to check out. Craigslist is the only non-managed apartment source I know of. If you have the time and desire driving through the downtown neighborhoods could prove fruitful as small buildings or independent properties typically post a "For Rent" sign out front or in a window. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 AM

One advantage I have is that I set my work hours to 10am to 7pm, so that should help me avoid the worst part of the traffic. In Orlando tomorrow so will drive it (cringe!) to see for myself. Was hoping there would be other sources for individual-rented apartments... bummer. Thanks.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM

15 posts, read 47,333 times
Hotpads is a site that lists, what seems to be, managed and non-managed rentals.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM

That's a pretty neat site! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando