Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 AM

12 posts, read 68,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohynot View Post
This is not exactly accurate. There are no buses that leave Downtown Disney for the parks or the ticket and transportation center.

The buses leaving downtown Disney only go to resorts. From the resorts you then have to wait for the appropriate park bus. Huge waste of time.

I agree completely!! I didn't sugest this because to me its a huge waste of time and ethically wrong. Specially if you want to make the rope drop, you will have to wait longer in the morning.

I've also heard a lot of people who leave the park and come back in the middle of the day, I have done that, but its a huge time waste to me. Specially considering Magic Kingdom = Drive - Wait at parking booth - park - wait for tram - ride tram - walk to monorail - wait for monorail - ride - get to gates. I would only do this if I had little ones that were completely tired.

I think they don't allow glass bottles, alcohol, and large coolers, but most else is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
I havent been to Disney in quite a while, last time i went it was $28 per person to enter, with todays admission charges close to $100 per person they have priced themselves out of my league for what they offer..
$500 for my family to enter then another couple of hundred on food then another hundred or more for souvenirs,parking, and gas to get to the place.
Close to $1000 a day for family of 5? cant believe the place is packed almost every day

Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Im getting that pass Saturday! Im so excited. I love Disney

Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times
Smile Going to Disney

I love Disney. Great memories taking our kids there.

We have not been for 10 years and we had a timeshare nearby (Marriott) which was really nice.

Our deal was one meal a day out. That was it. One day we did the Character Breakfast at one of the hotels at around 10 AM - then we just had ice cream/drinks at the park.

At the time, we had passes where we did a park day and then a water day (that was one ticket in a sense). So, for the price of 3 days, we got 6 days out of it.

Always loved it. Nothing beats that ice cream on Main Street too.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:42 AM

565 posts, read 1,252,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Nothing beats that ice cream on Main Street too.
Gotta spring for ice cream while I'm there - I don't care how much it costs.

Btw, can anyone suggest any good gifts to buy there? I'm thinking of things that I can't buy anywhere else or at an Interstate souvenier shop.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,205 times
I second the idea of bringing your own stroller. The rental ones at the parks look like hard, molded plastic. My 5 year old rode in the stroller at the end of the day at Animal Kingdom last fall. (I had to carry my 3 year old because he didn't want the stroller!) We put our extra jackets and stuff in it during the day and just pushed it. Nobody took anything out of it when it was parked in the corral area at the rides either. My 5 year old already told me to "bring the stroller" when we go to Disney and Epcot because he wants to ride in it at the end of the day. It's one of those fold up umbrella ones, so he barely fits, but it's a pretty sturdy one with a thick seat and back. It also has a storage bag underneath so that helps with bags of stuff.

I got a 3 day pass last year and paid more than $99. We still have Disney and Epcot to do. I'm not interested in Hollywood Studios. We are leaving my 3 year old home with my parents for Epcot. He won't know the difference.

Fast Pass is great. I can't stand the thought of standing in line with kids these days. At Animal Kingdom in November, we pretty much walked right on the rides at our designated time.

Side Note: Sea World is offering free tickets to all Florida resident children ages 5 and under. (unlimited admission for 2012) Adult fun passes get you unlimited admission for $81. Not too bad.

I was thinking about doing Magic Kingdom during the President's Day weekend, but I'm worried about the crowds.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:54 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times
Surprised no one has mentioned WEAR GOOD SHOES! Your dogs are gonna be barking loud after the first day.. don't wear flats or at least bring a good pair of sneakers in a bag so that you can swap from the flats to the sneaks. You might want to start STANDING UP ALL DAY LONG now to get somewhat used to it!
otherwise, HAVE FUN!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM

148 posts, read 377,163 times
There's a good approximation of crowd levels here:

February 2012 Disney World Crowd Calendar

Old 02-08-2012, 01:35 PM

565 posts, read 1,252,456 times
Speaking of the Florida resident 3-day pass for $99, I can only get into Disney with this until May 21st? The rest of the year is off-limits, as is most of April? I had been waiting on my income tax refund to do this, but the longer I wait, the less of a deal it becomes, because then I have to cram visits in when I would much rather space them out during the year.

Also, I've read that one can get these passes at the local AAA office if one is a member. True?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando