Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:30 PM

15 posts, read 191,473 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to a condo in orlando in the Metro@Michigan Park community. Can someone please tell me about the area? I want to make sure that it is safe for a family as I have 2 children. Also some info on the school district would be helpful as well. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM

85 posts, read 364,541 times
i dont reccommend that area. If it is right off CurryFord on Conway that is a bad area. There is lots of crime out there. The schools arent that good either.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 37,333 times
I never post on message boards, but I had to create an account just to respond. My sister and I rented a townhome at Metro@Michigan and moved out in 6 months. I would not recommend living there at all, especially with children. The concept for the townhomes were great but the area is dangerous. Always police activity, there was a major drug bust next door. We were constantly hearing gun shots! Also if you check the website for sexual offendors, many live in this area (we should have checked this first, it was the last straw for us) The thing is, this complex used to be a low income/sect 8 housing that they converted into "luxury" condos. The area is still bad, especially next door! In addition, there was a major pest control issue, rats and roaches! Dont do it, for the sake of the children dont do it! :-( We were able to move and get a security deposit back because we told our landlord that we did not feel safe as two single females living in the house, and she agreed. There are many townhomes/condos for rent, safer and more family oriented. We live in Carter Glen at Lee Vista, we like it here and there are plenty of family's with children so its safe. It inludes cable, high speed interent, etc for around the same price, plus you get a garage! Try rentclicks, Lee Vista has plenty of homes for rent ie Central Park in Lee Vista, they include cable, etc as well.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:41 PM

91 posts, read 494,714 times
I live around the corner from there. There are a few sets of apartments/condos right there that I wouldn't live in. The rest of the area is good. The schools are all rated good. My kids have been going there for years and haven't had any7 problems.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 37,333 times
The entire conway area is not bad, but Metro@Michigan is not a place to live. I have sat in on the HOA meetings (renters can sit in but can not participate) and the homeowners and residents are upset. People were having problems with the roof, the plumbing, etc. Just like many conversions, there was a rush to get the apartments converted to townhomes, the work was really half ____. I just wouldnt suggest this place at all. I would also stay away from conway and curryford area. (just that little pocket). There are other areas to consider not so far away that you would like. I would do a check on the area. BTW these condos used to be Cedar Place Apartments, check them out on Apartment Ratings.com

Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 AM

47 posts, read 310,801 times
Look at apartmentratings.com. This will give you an idea of what others think of the apartment complexes you are looking at. I did & found the 2 complexes I was looking at was full of crime , riff raff, party people, etc....all the things I did not want. Also this forum is great - people will tell you what to stay away from. We all have to help keep each other safe in this world .
Good luck.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 37,900 times
HI to you all out there, I am new to all this but i wonder if anyone out there can help me, im 47 male and am moving to orlando in september , i am interested in renting a condo for about 800 a month , one bedroom , one bathroom , I would be obliged if anyone could tell me a safe are to go , as i really do not know much about the area, i would like somewhere near bay hill as i work as a golf caddy. thanking you all

Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 37,900 times
forgot to say im coming from ireland , i not sure how this all works as i cant seem t o find my message or if i got a reply. please help

Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 15,629 times
Don't do it, I've lived here 2 and 1/2 years. Why? because I just hate all of the stress associated with moving, the location is central for my work and close to my family. Thinking that it would be a little easier , I moved from a one bedroom to a townhouse hoping that it was better and safer since its in the open. If I had the energy and means, I would've been gone yesterday....robbed twice; car towed twice; out of control plumbing problems, mildew, weeds, snakes, and lizards; a tree has been down right in front of my door for a month, and no one will move it. When I asked about fixing the security gate, management company sarcastically said, "whose gonna pay for it." That's not what they said when they were showing me the condo. I can look outside of my window and see gigantic rats crawling up the roof. Do yourself a favor, don't move here. As soon as my lease is up, I am out of here even if I have to carry everything out on my back and pay 2k for a security deposit somewhere else.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 15,204 times
Live there had no problems---the problem is that the renters rent from investors who do not participate with the association---rent from an owner that is responsible and involved---great location---not alot of children though---that could be a problem---mostly marketed to singles---but otherwise it's great---i feal some of these postings are bias! Remember these are condo's not apartments---when you have a problem you deal with the owner---that could be where the problems lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: