Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:34 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times

Advertisements

Hey ...thanks for the post......im tired of people on here that say, "this happens everywhere in the U.S." ......or ........."Its only bad crime happening in Pine Hills".....

Well it does happen in other states and maybe in some cities the suburbs see some of these problems but we are venting because some of us like me have been victims in Orlando and this is happening just blocks from where lots of us live....so its hard to tell people that this kinda stuff only goes on in the ghetto in Orlando when it happened 2 or 3 blocks from where we live.......Thanks again for reporting all of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 08:20 AM

85 posts, read 365,631 times
i dont doubt it. there is a lot of gang activity in that area. avalon park may be rich but a lot of these rich kids are in gangs.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 AM

Default crime report sept 6

1. walmart robbed

Orlando police are at the scene of a robbery at the Wal-Mart on Kirkman Road this morning.
Moderator cut: copyrights

loc: sanford

Last edited by Yac; 12-11-2007 at 01:15 AM..

Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM

640 posts, read 3,074,610 times
Gawd - you're not going to do this every day are you? Are you nirvana-guy in disguise? He finally gave up on the Orlando boards, or so it appears. No one can discount there is crime in Orlando. Do you know there there are 2 million people who live in the greater Orlando area? Crime is going to happen and it also happens in every major city in America. If people want to learn about crime statistics I would imagine they would go find out them themselves.

IMHO these boards are being polluted by the same old crap.. over and over. I can understand it's good to vent but people come to these boards to find out information about Orlando, not your repeated vents. Maybe a Yahoo board designated to "Let's dump on Orlando?"

I used to enjoy reading these boards but now it's almost too depressing and redundant. The same old people talking about the same old thing. All people have to do is do a search on crime, and they'll see all your repeated posts.

Do you people even work?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
seriously dna3406? is avalon park going downhill?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 AM

yeah it is. there is a place over right before you get to mcdonalds and kids from my neighborhood go party there. its a lake. its a spring lake.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 AM

for your information I am at work and I only access this at work because I am to busy with college and my life beyond work and college.

so yes.

and crime is an issue in orlando. this is city-data. I am giving data on crime in the city, no harm in that.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
but that's bad?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Actually this is easier then typing things in a search engine........i just come to city-data and get all the info and lowdown on whats happening within blocks of me so i know what to look out for before i hit the streets.....its always good to be prepared and know the new trends in crime in your neighborhood....sometimes the news doesnt report some things so its good to get info on here

Those stories werent the "same" old thing for the victims........and i believe they were recent stories too.....which means they are not the same "old" thing........

If people are tired of hearing these things then they can just not log in and go back to enjoying life in a cozy home or apartment.....

I dont consider it being negative to hear about facts and situations that are actually happening......it is negative to say that you want to live a life of crime and do these things though.......

I like these stories ....please keep reporting them until you dont want to.....i enjoy reading and knowing what is happening to people in my community

Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 PM

28 posts, read 84,588 times
Default Interesting..

I'm not advocating talking about crime or not talking about crime. I just found this site and found it interesting to play around with. The statistics are from 2005 so they are a bit out of date. Sadly, I don't think things have improved in Orlando since 2005. Hopefully, I'm wrong, at least in certain areas of crime and in certain areas of the city.

This is a compare Orlando to other city crime statistics.Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 04:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando