Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 191,517 times

Advertisements

We Are Thinking Of Moving To The Conway Area Of Orlando. A Gated Condo Conversion Community By The Name Of Metro@Michigan Park. We Will Only Be Living There For A Few Months At The Most. Just Until We Decide Where We Want To Make Our Permanent Home. Perhaps Celebration, Windermere Etc...etc...please Tell Me Everything In Need To Know About The Conway Area...thanks In Advance!!
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 07:34 AM

75 posts, read 403,006 times
What specifically would you like to know? Big jump from Metro at Michigan to Windermere. If you are going to Windermere soon you might want to consider buying or renting there now while there is a buyer's market.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 AM

85 posts, read 364,597 times
well for one thing. The condos that you want to move into probably wont satisfy your rich taste. Windermere is home to all the rich snooty people. Those condos in conway probably consist of mostly middle class to lower class familys struggling to feed their familys. Crime is common in that area and just to let you know there is illegal street racing on SR436 at night too.
so just like terry said just move to windermere right away. There is no silver platters in the conway area.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,951,324 times
Well, as has been stated, Conway is not Windemere, but it is not all a crime-ridden area, either. In the area where you are looking, Metro@Michigan Park, that is near Highway 436, and I believe you would be sorry you moved there for the reasons already stated. However, going further west, across Conway Road, there are beautiful homes surrounded by older trees, many lakes (Conway chain of lakes where some pretty expensive houses are located), A rated schools and beautiful developments. I've lived in that area for many years. I do agree, though, that Windemere and Celebration are quite a ways away from Conway, and if you are really looking to settle in those areas, I'd move there. Good luck in your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainPonteVedra View Post
We Are Thinking Of Moving To The Conway Area Of Orlando. A Gated Condo Conversion Community By The Name Of Metro@Michigan Park. We Will Only Be Living There For A Few Months At The Most. Just Until We Decide Where We Want To Make Our Permanent Home. Perhaps Celebration, Windermere Etc...etc...please Tell Me Everything In Need To Know About The Conway Area...thanks In Advance!!
Lisa

Last edited by carolac; 09-06-2007 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-06-2007, 01:41 PM

85 posts, read 364,597 times
conway does have a lot of crime. how about moving to dr. phillips or hunters creek?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,188,007 times
from ponte vedra to orlando? interesting.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 PM

8 posts, read 39,566 times
Default Moving to Conway

I think the Conway area, west of 436, is a decent area. It has some very nice older homes for a decent price. It's a very settled area with good schools as well. Windermere is too expensive for anyone but Magic players or celebrities. LOL

Good luck in your move.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,040 times
Im born and raised on long island ny. Ivevseen ghetto bad areas and conway is a nicer area in orlando. Still close to downtown but far enough away that its reasonably priced. Im moving there to a gated community also.. Real strict guidelines to rent so that guy up there that said lower class live there is wrong.. No criminals gotta have decent credit and prove u make 3x the rent so. Not rich but not lower.. U got 2 miles east to semoran then ur in the hood. Same if u go north 6 miles. To the west its aold neighborhood. Very old but nice also to the west lake como is great. I found conway nice with alot of convenient places nearby and all the communities are gorgeous. Go over by park central or mercy dr if u want to c hoods. Still hoods here look much nicer than hoods in ny. Fl. Has undercover ghettos

Old 02-12-2016, 06:10 AM

16,826 posts, read 14,998,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headupmx7 View Post
Im born and raised on long island ny. Ivevseen ghetto bad areas and conway is a nicer area in orlando. Still close to downtown but far enough away that its reasonably priced. Im moving there to a gated community also.. Real strict guidelines to rent so that guy up there that said lower class live there is wrong.. No criminals gotta have decent credit and prove u make 3x the rent so. Not rich but not lower.. U got 2 miles east to semoran then ur in the hood. Same if u go north 6 miles. To the west its aold neighborhood. Very old but nice also to the west lake como is great. I found conway nice with alot of convenient places nearby and all the communities are gorgeous. Go over by park central or mercy dr if u want to c hoods. Still hoods here look much nicer than hoods in ny. Fl. Has undercover ghettos
Mercy Drive (Pine Hills area in general) just suffers from gang violence. The area is otherwise very clean, and unless you partake in illegal drug/gang activity, it's relatively safe. I do lots of grocery shopping in the area, day and night, and don't find it particularly "ghetto."

Park Central on the other hand is another story. Filthy yards, run down homes, crackheads everywhere, hookers at every corner, drug dealers at every corner...

Old 02-12-2016, 06:44 PM

35,333 posts, read 20,699,860 times
I like Conway area and lee vista- and quick jump to all shopping - its simple living lot of trees and older section of town - want cookie cutters -not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando