Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times

Advertisements

After officially being hired at Kmart, I decided to celebrate last night so I headed downtown for a little fun

I was going to go to Wall Street, but since its All Star weekend, I decided I didnt want to pay a $20 cover and then spend and insane amount on one drink, so I headed over to the Stagger Inn on Central and Magnolia for some country music and a few shots of Jack.

Met a really cool girl and danced with her to a few songs than headed out towards Thornton Park (where I put my car)

Across the street from Dexter's at Washington an Hyer was an art gallery/bar, I cannot put my name on it, but from what I understand, it hasnt been around long. Met another girl, drank some $2 PBR's with her before calling it a night

I saw another place that looked interesting called Aroma. It was a wine bar/ cafe, didnt drink there but judging by its location and the soft music being played by the guitarist out front, it looked like a very relaxing place

Downtown was pretty awesome and just based on nightlife, I could see myself living there once I finish school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
Congrats on the job. Also, glad you enjoyed downtown - you picked a heck of a weekend to test the waters, but it sounds like you did it right.

The artsy bar in Thornton Park that you mentioned was probably The Falcon Art Bar.

Next time, check out the bars between Wall Street and Washington on Orange. None have cover and Lizzies (irish bar) Lodge (80s music, northern lodge theme), Spy Bar, Sky 60, I-Bar and BBQ Bar offer a variety. With no cover, its easy to feel them all out and have no regrets if it's not your thing.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Steve View Post
Congrats on the job. Also, glad you enjoyed downtown - you picked a heck of a weekend to test the waters, but it sounds like you did it right.

The artsy bar in Thornton Park that you mentioned was probably The Falcon Art Bar.

Next time, check out the bars between Wall Street and Washington on Orange. None have cover and Lizzies (irish bar) Lodge (80s music, northern lodge theme), Spy Bar, Sky 60, I-Bar and BBQ Bar offer a variety. With no cover, its easy to feel them all out and have no regrets if it's not your thing.
It was my first time really enjoying downtown nightlife now that Im of legal drinking age. I was in Orlando briefly in November and had a slice of my favorite pizza at Gino's on Orange Ave with a bud light. Great deal, a slice and a beer for $6

The Stagger Inn was awesome. Even though it was jam packed. (Everywhere west of Rosalind was stuffed to the walls with people)\

The Globe on Wall St plaza has a pretty good burger (is the Globe still open?) I've always wanted to visit the Wall Street Cantina too. Before I turned 21 I used to hit downtown all the time for lunch on my days off.

Champs Subs on Central across from the library was always good, Gino's on Orange was always my favorite. And that Five Guys across from 55 West is another awesome place (though five guys is everywhere)

I may hit some of the night clubs when the cover isn't $200 (like at Diddy's party at Cheyenne Saloon, I heard cover was $175 )

After I turned 18 me and my buddies from high school hit downtown night clubs and thought they were lame mainly because we coudlnt drink, and there were like ten guys for every girl, Tabu and Firestone were our usual spots, we only went 3 times after getting fed up with being sober and the lack of women

Im a really eclectic when it comes to my music. Do you know of any good clubs that arent on Orange Ave? This was back in like 2008 but I heard Sweet Bee Lounge and Backbooth were pretty cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: