Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Where did I come even close to saying "he deserved it"? Please don't try to tell me what is in my mind.

Yes, I think the country has become quite a mess. We have kids killing police officers (not only in Florida, but in other states as well), there is no respect for law at all levels.

This country has a whole host of problems that will never be solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Ohhhh, so he deserved it in your mind. That makes it better.

You talk about "what this country has come to" in another thread, take a good look in the mirror and think about that.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM

202 posts, read 568,085 times
I wonder if the case would have hit the news if the victim was white.

I bet that many white/hispanics/asians die at the hands of blacks, and for whatever reason those blacks get away with their crimes. Why the media does not cover such incidents with the same zeal and intensity?

I remember that during the riots of 1980 in Miami, many people died and nobody paid for their crimes.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 AM

Agree with you. The details were available at the onset but the media took what they had and ran with it. That sells newspapers and air time for commercial advertising. White-Hispanic. True, never ever heard that term used before. NEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
I dont think it so much "that he deserved it" more like, why weren't these details available at the start of the case?

The media portrayed him as a innocent 12 year old kid from the onset in order to gain sympathy.

Say what you will about the case, but the media has been biased from the start, trying to make it all about race... A "white hispanic"... really!?!?! I had never seen that term in an article before. Anything to make it about race though and get people all riled up.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post

I bet that many white/hispanics/asians die at the hands of blacks, and for whatever reason those blacks get away with their crimes. Why the media does not cover such incidents with the same zeal and intensity?

I remember that during the riots of 1980 in Miami, many people died and nobody paid for their crimes.

Of course not. There are no race mongers, i.e., Jackson, Lee, Sharpton, Obama, Panthers, yada yada, on the 'other' side.

The list of black on white hate crimes would break the board's bandwidth.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 AM

I doubt it would have made news had it been the other way around because we know that black folks don't commit crimes and every jail and prison in the u.s.a. is filled with innocent people who were minding their own business and not trying to extract anything from the purported victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post

Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Are you kidding me? A young man ended up DEAD. If there were ever a time to arrest someone to sort out the facts, it is when someone shoots and kills another person.
I think people are confusing "arresting" Zimmerman with "Taking him into custody" for questioning....

Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Speaking of minds made up...you don't exactly seem open-minded.
His point doesn't come from his being informed or not. The Sharptons and Jacksons are mobilized. Heck, the "New Black Panther" party is on the scene for goodness sakes...

The media has jumped to conclusions and painted the story in such a way that there is no going back...

I hope cooler heads prevail, but am doubtful that the media, or anyone, can un-ring the bell here.

Last edited by Rhett_Butler; 03-27-2012 at 09:47 AM..

Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM

202 posts, read 568,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Agree with you. The details were available at the onset but the media took what they had and ran with it. That sells newspapers and air time for commercial advertising. White-Hispanic. True, never ever heard that term used before. NEVER.
-------

White Hispanic is a fairly common term in South Florida. While most Hispanics in the US are Mexicans and P.R, in South Florida you find many Hispanics that are descendants of recent European immigrants into Latin America.

Most are Spanish and Italian in origin, but there are also Lebanese, Irish, Polish and Germans. There are also "Latin Chinese" and Jewbans (Jews from Cuba).

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belial1954 View Post
I'm sorry but I can't believe people think zimmerman might be innocent. He was a fully grown adult mind and body against a kid who I'm sorry looks very scrawny and unarmed please ok go get a freaking clue people go back to school or just kill yourself now ok cause you make me sick to any pathetic person who even might think for just a second zimmerman had no choice. Oh and just incase for everyone to know I am a 25 year old white male and I can't believe that zimmerman still walks.
Enough said
Martin was taller by about 5-6 inches over Zimmerman. The pictures that have been shown of him are supposedly 3-5 years old.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Are you kidding me? A young man ended up DEAD. If there were ever a time to arrest someone to sort out the facts, it is when someone shoots and kills another person.
If that were true, how did OJ ever get into a white Bronco?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando