Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 03:22 PM

536 posts, read 1,429,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Call them and find out?

This is a hatefilled crime and the person that used the racial slur and committed murder was prosecuted according to the law. Not the case with the Zimmerman/Martin case that was going to be swept under the rug.

There are no similarities in the case accept the fact that a racial slur was used.

Once again call them and find out what they have to say.
Again, self-defense is not murder. It is a killing of an aggressor. And forget about that racial slur silliness. Nobody has used the word 'coon' since Johnson was president. And do your credibility some service and cease immediately to defend the likes of Sharpton and Jackson.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The racist piece is yet to be determined one way or the other, however I would think it's fair to call him a vigilante. He followed Trayvon even after 9-1-1 told him to back off, that's an undisputed fact. It certainly undermines his credibility in my eyes.
Again, he doesn't have to listen to the 911 hacks who do not see what he sees. Btw, if you have that much faith in people at the end of the phone, by all means reach for your cell (before your weapon) when somebody attacks you.

And the racist bit is a non-starter. You might as well cling to the belief that he referred to the teen as a 'colored'.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yea, Sharpton was all over that Duke Lacrosse case.
Don't forget the lovely Tawana.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick99 View Post
Your husband knows all the different types of injuries, broken noses, etc that exist, the whole spectrum of it. Tell you what, I've had my nose broken, and not a drop of blood. I've had my head knocked on a number of hard surfaces, and not a drop of blood. One thing is certain, the guy had grass stains on his back, that tells me he was knocked down. Never heard of anybody falling on their own BACKWARD. Do me a favor, ask your EMT husband if he's ever seen that.
I don't need to, I did it myself a couple weeks ago when I tripped and fell.

Quote:
You seem to have an emotional attachment to this case with your heavy language against Zimmerman. Detach yourself from those emotions and you might be able to comment rationally.
I've been quite rational.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
So you're saying if Zimmerman was in fact stalking him (and nobody can even suggest this at this point) that it's OK for Martin to hit him? Stalking is provocation. Well then, hitting is provocation for shooting (the only sure weapon Zimmerman had against this athletic teen who overpowered him).

PS As a neighborhood watch guy, don't you think Zimmerman, in an instinctive gesture of self-preservation, would disclose that he is a neighborhood watch guy and wants to have some words? I think so. And I think an impulsive, hopped up teen might respond to that with defiance and even violence. And that response cost the cocky teen his life.
Self appointed neighborhood watch guy. Vigilante. And if some jackass came around a corner in the dark (after following me) and confronted me head on saying he wanted to have some words with me when I was doing nothing wrong, I'd nail him so hard in his little boy parts that he'd be squeaking for breath for a week, and then kick him in the nose until it was bleeding.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Again, self-defense is not murder. It is a killing of an aggressor. And forget about that racial slur silliness. Nobody has used the word 'coon' since Johnson was president.
Maybe you haven't heard it used, but I heard it a few months ago when I was in Georgia. I was rather appalled.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Again, he doesn't have to listen to the 911 hacks who do not see what he sees. Btw, if you have that much faith in people at the end of the phone, by all means reach for your cell (before your weapon) when somebody attacks you.

And the racist bit is a non-starter. You might as well cling to the belief that he referred to the teen as a 'colored'.
When he placed the 9-1-1 call, Zimmerman was the one following Martin.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Again, self-defense is not murder. It is a killing of an aggressor. And forget about that racial slur silliness. Nobody has used the word 'coon' since Johnson was president. And do your credibility some service and cease immediately to defend the likes of Sharpton and Jackson.
LMBO!!! Im finished.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times
The tape was 35 mins after police arrived on the scene. The first police report no injuries. The second report injuries appeared. Too many conflicting stories. Arrest him bring all the tapes and evidence to court.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
The tape was 35 mins after police arrived on the scene. The first police report no injuries. The second report injuries appeared. Too many conflicting stories. Arrest him bring all the tapes and evidence to court.
You can't arrest someone on a felony like that. It just doesn't work that way. It's called due process, and it's part of what makes up the very core of our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando