Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Well I think there is a certain generation of whites and blacks that are a total lost cause when it comes to race relations. Too much hatred and discrimination has happened between them. The younger generations under 35 views this incident a lot differently. The culture in america has changed with the younger generation. It's no longer cool to shoot black people or be racist. I personally credit things such as more blacks being in the middle class, hip hop culture being mainstream now, the popularity of rap music, etc.

I've yet to talk to a white person or a black person under 35 who doesn't believe zimmerman was nothing more than a bigoted redneck. Who walked around with a loaded handgun for no reason and at the very least harassed an innocent black teenager that night. I mean how stupid is that? He obviously called 911 on this teenager because he was black. Less than 3 minutes later the teenager is dead with a gunshot wound to his chest. At the very least george is a very bad judge of character. If not an all out racist murderer.
"The younger generations under 35 views this incident a lot differently. The culture in america has changed with the younger generation. It's no longer cool to shoot black people or be racist."

Considering many race related crimes are from the under 35 crowd, I think you are incorrect. And funny how you mention only shooting black people, implying only blakcs have been victims of race crimes. Need I list the large amount of crimes committed by blacks against other races? But I guess those do not count as hate crimes since we all know blacks cannot be racist, so their crimes are just motivated by ther factors besides race, sarcasm of course.

"I've yet to talk to a white person or a black person under 35 who doesn't believe zimmerman was nothing more than a bigoted redneck."

The problem with this statement is that you are using it to justify your first paragraph. I have stated you are incorrect on your first paragraph as many race related crimes are committed by people under 35. Zimmerman is 29, so that there already contradicts your assumption. By the way, did you talk to any Hispanics or Asians?

You also must have a small scope of people you talk to, probably due to the lack of diversity among people you know, as there are many people under 35 who have all sorts of levels of opinions on the Sanford case and Zimmerman.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This is just silly. When have you ever seen anyone with a broken nose without swelling? Not possible!

Why are you so insulting and disrespectful to people who have a different opinion from you? You dont know what type of experience any of the posters have with anything! Expecting to see swelling in the face of a person who claim a beatdown of any sort is not too much to ask. You dont seem very objective at all and quite rude just to discredit someone elses opinion about something none of us know what truely happened.
I have seen more broken noses than I can count, I can state with confidence a broken nose does not always have swelling, just as much as swelling and bleeding does not mean the nose is broken.

I was not insulting, correcting a person's information is not insulting, unless you are not a beleiver in facts. In this case the facts do not fit your opinion, so it is better just to attack the facts, but not even that, attack the person stating the facts, that would be call an ad hominem.

Also, the poster stating about broken noses has nothing to do with this case. The poster stated broken noses result in swelling, that is factually incorrect, which correcting that has not to do with this case.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Thread has veered so off course that is no longer salvageable. There are threads in the P&OC where you can discuss the shooting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando