Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 08:45 AM

27 posts, read 20,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
There is racism here, sure, but it's not nearly as bad as other places I've seen.
This is the worst racism I have ever seen, in Orlando I mean. And I have lived in Philly, New York, Toronto, London (UK), Windsor (Ontario). Has there been racism in these other places? Yeah, you can find it there. But Orlando? Man this place is in a whole other class by itself.

My experience with Orlando has been so bad that I plan to get back over the Mason-Dixon line and never step foot in the South again.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:57 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant6340 View Post
This is the worst racism I have ever seen, in Orlando I mean. And I have lived in Philly, New York, Toronto, London (UK), Windsor (Ontario). Has there been racism in these other places? Yeah, you can find it there. But Orlando? Man this place is in a whole other class by itself.

My experience with Orlando has been so bad that I plan to get back over the Mason-Dixon line and never step foot in the South again.
Enjoy lol, one thing that annoys me are people who complain all the time but don't get off their lazy butts and do something about it. It isn't that difficult to move cities or states in 2015.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:53 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant6340 View Post

And yet another new troll with some 'alternative universe' sense of reality hell-bent on discrediting Orlando and the rest of a huge region for some twisted, unknown reason.

You really joined this board to race-bait, and pathetically attempt to smear Orlando with this lie? Really?

Your entire short posting history displays a sad and divisive agenda, and it does NOT apply to the reality on the ground in Orlando. Period.

You're a race-baiter, and are poisonous in my opinion.

Last edited by JMatl; 10-25-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 10-25-2015, 07:17 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,431,879 times
As a Hispanic American I have NEVER witnessed nor partaken in this so called "Racial Tension" described by the OP, in fact, I am part of a professional association of "minorities" and BOTH Latinos and Blacks are proud members and embrace each other as we technically fall under the same umbrella group of "minorities" when compared with our White Caucasian counterparts.. Perhaps instead of trying to create a false situation that does not exist, maybe we should focus on the real issue of racial inequality for BOTH Latinos and Blacks when it comes to corporate America.. My current employer which happens to be a FORTUNE 500 company has historically had an executive board that consists of 100% White Caucasian persons, not a single qualified minority has ever been allowed the opportunity to be on this board.. Now that is a REAL issue..

Old 10-25-2015, 09:31 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
If you're from Orlando and your saying this I'm not suprised. Sadly many Blacks here don't seem bright enough to noticed when they are being disrepected or taking advantage of. I took people from up north to get the ball rolling on this Treyvon Martin case. Hate to say it, but many of the brothers down here are really slow witted.
Slow witted you say?? Thats very interesting comment. How can you prove this?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:42 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
wow this thread needs to CLOSE-- Orlando is diverse and people come from all over bringing their fears with them -- I have lived in lot of places, In PA in the 60's I know what that means - and if it is here in Orlando its sublime for the most part. JAX has a definite dived line. and Tampa doesn't like anyone- There will be pockets of haters as long as people are on this earth- just ignore them --

Old 10-26-2015, 12:20 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
Latino racism against blacks, in Orlando, is the secret most are scared to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando