Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 AM

9 posts, read 9,839 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I am moving to central florida this fall since I will be enrolling as a graduate student at UCF.
I am looking for a 1BR apartment for two (my wife will be accompanying me) near Orlando. Can anyone recommend a place that will cost under $700 which is clean and safe?
In addition, can someone tell me how much gas, electricity, water and internet cost per month.

I would appreciate any inputs that you guys can give
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 05:42 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Casselberry has some decent apartment communities in your price range that are reasonable commutes from campus. Check out Landmark at Woodland Trace or Reflections. Park at Laurel Oaks in neighboring Winter Springs would be a good option as well. I didn't recommend complexes near UCF (Alafaya, Goldenrod or Waterford Lakes) as they're very undergraduate-like which I don't think you're looking for. There are some communities near 436 and Aloma that show up as possibilities but I would not recommend for safety's sake, or the perception of such. Neighboring Oviedo is a popular option but is more expensive than your price range will allow. Gas isn't part of the equation here as Electricity is king in terms of cooling/heating/cooking. I would count on a $75 monthly bill for a one bedroom apartment. Water is usually included with rent but some charge extra, not sure how much. Internet is around $60 per month but there are bundle plans with cable and phone providers. You might check with your cell provider (Verizon or AT&T) for prices/plans.

The Park at Laurel Oaks - Home - Winter Springs Apartment Homes
Reflections Apartments (http://www.thereflectionsapts.com/templates/template_concept03/default.asp?w=mmsreflections - broken link)
Landmark Residential -Landmark at Woodland Trace- Apartment rental community

Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 AM

9 posts, read 9,839 times
Thank you for the information kyle19125.
I went through the apartment specified by you.
However, they have all got very bad reviews on Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. I don't know how accurate those reviews are, but they do paint a scary picture of buglary, rape, etc.
I checked out the Oviedo area that you had mentioned. Found some apartments in my price range. one in particular is Oviedo Town Center.
I would appreciate it if any one can shed some light on this place.

I also found some other places on rent.com.
Sedgefield Apartments - Winter park
Sorrento Apartments - Winter park
Chickasaw Crossing - Orlando
Winter park village - winter park
Winter park oaks - winter park

Can anyone recommend any of the above places

Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1985 View Post
Thank you for the information kyle19125.
I went through the apartment specified by you.
However, they have all got very bad reviews on Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. I don't know how accurate those reviews are, but they do paint a scary picture of buglary, rape, etc.
I checked out the Oviedo area that you had mentioned. Found some apartments in my price range. one in particular is Oviedo Town Center.
I would appreciate it if any one can shed some light on this place.

I also found some other places on rent.com.
Sedgefield Apartments - Winter park
Sorrento Apartments - Winter park
Chickasaw Crossing - Orlando
Winter park village - winter park
Winter park oaks - winter park

Can anyone recommend any of the above places
I wouldn't place a lot of credibility on apartment rating websites as they tend to be a place for those with grievances to "get back" at the apartment communities and many of the positive ratings are purportedly from the actual property management. There isn't a whole lot of interest in reviewing for renters otherwise. If you found something in Oviedo, I would focus there first. Others you mentioned aren't rental properties I'd recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando