Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 AM

71 posts, read 177,842 times

Advertisements

Check out TouringPlans.com it will change how you tour the WDW parks in general. It's a fabulous resource
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 AM

148 posts, read 375,482 times
Kali River Rapids has a covered case in the middle that you can use to put anything you don't want to get wet. My kids (5 yr. olds) love the dinosaur playground and some days that is all we do. (we are locals, so it doesn't matter much, but I have to bring a book or I get bored.) They love AK the best of all the parks. If the park is open later (7-8 pm) try to take the last Safari. The animals are ready to go back to their dens and are usually up and around. The lion king show is shown several times, so if you want to see the Nemo show, plan your day around that one.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 AM

3,974 posts, read 8,129,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
Definitely avoid the Kali River Rapids if you don't want to get soaked.

Its Tough to be a Bug can be very scary for small children, and its very common to see kids crying in this attraction. Its dark inside, there are giant spiders coming from the ceilings, etc. Its a scary attraction for younger kids in general. Countdown to Extinction can also be scary, but it has a height restriction, so young children can't get in anyway. They also shake you a lot, so beware if you have back/neck problems. But I like it!

There are fast passes to a few rides, such as Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, the Kilimanjaro safari, Countdown to Extinction and Its Tough to be a Bug. Expedition Everest and the safari usually have long lines, so definitely get a fast pass for those.

Animal Kingdom also has a few shows, and they are really good, but they are not continuous, so just keep the schedules in mind if you want to see them. My favorite show is the Lion King Festival, but Finding Nemo and Taking Flight are also great. Taking Flight usually only takes place in the morning, so go early if you don't want to miss it.

The amount of snacks/food you can take to the park is the same as in any other Disney park, which is pretty much whatever you want.

In my experience, Animal Kingdom feels like a big park. There aren't a lot of shaded areas, and the attractions are spread out. So definitely drink a lot of water!

You'll have a great time!
As for shade and to avoid the crowds of the last day of Easter Week----do the animal treks whenever you can.... The kids will love it. You see all kinds---- birds, bats, tigers, otters, kankaroos,gorillas, etc and some of the trails take you past the exit doors of the Bug ride so you see animals carved into the tree up close and from different side than on the path.

We walked on Dinosaur with a 10 minute wait in standby and got a fast pass for the safari with a return that gave us time to walk up to Flametree for a long lunch before end of return time on tuesday when we were there. It is my favorite park so we go often and sometimes just to have lunch...lunch tuesday was the plan but we stayed in the park for almost 7 hours. LOL Gorillas were out in number and very cute little one entertained the crowds a little. LOL It was crowded Tuesday so we tried to stay off the main paths. Let your kids explore and learn about the animals and they will love the park. Definitely go to Lion King and Nemo show.....both good.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,607 times
most def go early. the later in the day they start putting the animals up. my favorite park by far. and i didnt tell you, but if go to customer service and say you just had knee surgery or your child is extremely claustrophobic they will give you a guest assistance pass which is better than gold!! you go through every line without having to use a return at this time fast pass. you dont need documentation of a disorder or docs note, by law they cant even ask you your disability. have fun! just tell them you got one at magic kingdom and you need another because you didnt know you where coming to animal kingdom. they'll never question it. looks like a large index card thats red and white. make sure to tell them you dont need the wheelchair one tho

Old 04-16-2012, 04:31 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,258,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaR1234 View Post
most def go early. the later in the day they start putting the animals up. my favorite park by far. and i didnt tell you, but if go to customer service and say you just had knee surgery or your child is extremely claustrophobic they will give you a guest assistance pass which is better than gold!! you go through every line without having to use a return at this time fast pass. you dont need documentation of a disorder or docs note, by law they cant even ask you your disability. have fun! just tell them you got one at magic kingdom and you need another because you didnt know you where coming to animal kingdom. they'll never question it. looks like a large index card thats red and white. make sure to tell them you dont need the wheelchair one tho
that's some pretty messed up advice

Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 AM

3,974 posts, read 8,129,372 times
Quote:
Actually, the animals are out when the park is open....You may not see them because they do find shade and sleep during the day. Went on the safari around 5 in the afternoon on Tuesday and we had to stop and wait for animals to get out of the road 3 times.

On one of the animal trails where you walk through, we saw more gorillas than I have ever seen and all of them were roaming and the baby was playing. That was in the middle of the afternoon, Tuesday.

As for the GAP those are actually meant for people who need them to make their day more enjoyable because they REALLY DO have health problems. This type of abuse of the pass is not a good thing. Only use them if you need them, not because you want to beat the system and the lines.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 AM

771 posts, read 1,455,039 times
Quote:
This is horrible advise. Pretending you are injured so you can avoid lines is a selfish, disgusting entitlement attitude. Especially when Disney offers free fast passes.

In fact, I would suggest avoiding the advise of this poster altogether. I've just read a couple of posts you've made, and you've already recommended guests to buy used tickets (which is a scam) and faking an injury to avoid lines.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 AM

771 posts, read 1,455,039 times
One thing you could do, if you want to make the day more special, is go to Guest Relations and ask for a celebration button. They have buttons for all special occasions (1st visit, birthday, honeymoon, just married, and a generic "I'm celebrating" button in case you are just celebrating the awesomeness of being in Disney ).

They are free, and they are fun.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,186,223 times
Well we always go once a month. Get their early. IF it's the only park your doing, take your time okay? Enjoy it because there is a lot for children. I'm not a child anymore but I enjoy going with my gurlfriend and when we are roaming around I always noticed the HUGE SMILES on little childrens faces and it makes my day. Their day is made at Animal Kingdom just as much as Magic Kingdom to my opinion.

There is a really neet Parade kids might enjoy, also the ride Everest, if they are tall enough is awesome.

The Kdjsdkffrbdahagah River Rapids will either wet you, or not, it's hit or miss, I advise getting on it early , or maybe with a puncho?

The animal Safari trail (Not the Ride) is a very good way to bond, the ride is also a nice relaxing time to rest your feet from walking that huge park. The tree of life is what the kids may like, it was funny to me but scary at the same time, enclosed in dark, and 4 D attraction.

Also the wheeel ride next to Dinasour is awesome as well as the Finding Nemo Sang A Long! Just pure pure fun!!!

Sorry I love that place!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: