Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In Central Florida perhaps. The OP is looking in South Florida which is far more diverse economically. I agree, doing a little research would help you sound a bit more informed..
Go back and read, they specifically said Orlando in their post. I'm talking about Orlando, not South Florida. If they want to know about south Florida they should post in the appropriate forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 09:14 AM

511 posts, read 854,634 times
Thumbs down courteous posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
What don't you understand about "the job market is horrible?"

There is no OK job market. Please do not come here without jobs, we don't need more statistics.
What a nice encouraging and welcoming post... Is he taking something from you? Not likely. Feeling a bit insecure are you? I'll be coming there without jobs too but I never have been nor will I ever be a statistic so you need not worry about me or mine. In fact I may even be hiring some people into OUR business in the near future after we get established but I doubt it would be the likes of you..

Are you even a Floridian or a transplant yourself?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
With a family, I'd have to say Palm City, Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jupiter area. Little farther to the airport, but a better place for families.
Still well within an hour of the airport and yes outstanding area, I lived there for over 10 years myself, though I didn't have a family at that time and now that I do I definitely want to live close to Orlando it's centrally located literally and endless family things to do on both coasts and all points in between..

Ft. Lauderdale, though my home town is too congested for my liking now and naught much to do for families like when I was a kid.. The areas noted to be prime out west are also very expensive to live in..

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Prove us wrong. Or is that too much work for you?
My comment was directed at the OP, not the ones who think the job market sucks down here. I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly ...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Prove us wrong. Or is that too much work for you?

Actually, there are tons of jobs. Just check any of the major job sites online but avoid anything that isn't the company directly as there are tons of scams. Most cities have jobs for night guards at the juvenile detention center, "laborer," crossing guard (where you don't make enough money to cover the gas getting there,) and sometimes you can get "landscaping" the garbage off the side of the highway. Coca-Cola and similar always have a need for people who don't mind lifting 50+ lbs during their entire work shift. These would all be part time, no benefits. Taco Bell is probably hiring too.

Edited to add (and check it, I'm replying to a post after me):

About the people who post or what they say?
So whatever happened to working what it takes? It's a bad economy, work 2 crap jobs like I've done in poor economies in the 80's and I may when I get back too if necessary. Expecting to have everything handed to you? There are tons of opportunities in this economy you just have to reinvent yourself and not be stuck in the mud about what you think you deserve or are entitled to..

You think you have it bad? Try living where you have 2 children, school which is third rate at best compared to any school in America and it's not free so home schooling is necessary, getting employment is at the whim of the government regs of the country not your own ambition even if it is working at Taco Bell which wouldn't be permitted anyways as it's for the locals only and surviving on less then $700 per month with gas prices every bit as expensive as there and more in most cases and groceries too and at times having only $6 or $7 to get through the month with no one to turn to including family and NO government aid whatsoever or anywhere to turn to when it runs out..BTW forget gas prices cars are off the wall in comparison..

No you don't have it tough you just have no imagination nor enough ambition to see the opportunities around you.. You're too busy whining and whoas me attitude..

Old 04-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
And you'll be one of 200 people competing for those crappy, minimum wage, no benefits, p/t jobs.

Does anyone really think there is an OK job market here?
Stop whining!! Make your own jobs and careers be part of the solution not a part of the problem!! Does mommy still tie your shoes for you??

Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In Central Florida perhaps. The OP is looking in South Florida which is far more diverse economically. I agree, doing a little research would help you sound a bit more informed..
Tried to give you some more rep but this board is very limited and wouldn't let me after only one previous positive acknowledgment.. A bit limited that ...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
You think you have it bad? Try living where you have 2 children, school which is third rate at best compared to any school in America and it's not free so home schooling is necessary, getting employment is at the whim of the government regs of the country not your own ambition even if it is working at Taco Bell which wouldn't be permitted anyways as it's for the locals only and surviving on less then $700 per month with gas prices every bit as expensive as there and more in most cases and groceries too and at times having only $6 or $7 to get through the month with no one to turn to including family and NO government aid whatsoever or anywhere to turn to when it runs out..BTW forget gas prices cars are off the wall in comparison..
Were you forced at gunpoint to live in "Crap Thailand" or did you do your research first about how foreigners are treated there ?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Were you forced at gunpoint to live in "Crap Thailand" or did you do your research first about how foreigners are treated there ?
Geeeee how'd I know that was going to come out? Predictability, I guess if you consider taking your responsibilities in life seriously like what is being discussed here as being forced at gun point then the answer would be yes......

Instead of running away like the people I see posting here I ran to my responsibilities and though it's taken us some time under the circumstances we're also going to return on our own merits thank you very much and you not only don't hear me whining about it I'll be damn glad to get back even in this economy and have the opportunity to build a future for my boys..

What's your excuse have you ever even been outside of your comfort zone?? Do even know what the REAL world is like from underneath your covers?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Go back and read, they specifically said Orlando in their post. I'm talking about Orlando, not South Florida. If they want to know about south Florida they should post in the appropriate forum.
I did read and see they mentioned both areas (which was evident in my response). Your snippy, negative response was in relation to both areas which isn't accurate and you didn't allude to the fact you were differentiating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando