Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times

Advertisements

So in my area there this huge lot under construction sign has the letters WaWa, what is it? i cant find it on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 PM

203 posts, read 597,135 times
It's a lot like 7-11 but much better. They're based out of the Philadelphia area and they're a welcomed sight in FL in my opinion. They do have a website....wawa.com

Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 AM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
When my brother was in college, I visited him and said I needed something.

"Why didn't you stop at the Wawa?" his friend asked. I asked, What?!" and my brother proceeded to explain that we didn't have them where we came from. I did stop there...and I always remembered it because when the guy first said Wawa, I thought he sounded like a moron talking gibberish.

It's like a 7-11 or a Sheetz and is not as great as people who make it sound like the second coming make it out to be.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Not sure how you couldn't find it on the Internet, Wawa popped up first thing when I put in "wawa."

They are like a mini-mart, but also have a deli with really fresh sandwiches and salads, actually carry produce and healthy snack items alongside the Twinkies, have great prices on milk, some have gas, it seems to depend on the state. And they've got really, really good coffee and fresh baked goods. I don't think they are anything like most 7-11's, but similar to the better Sheetz (but not all, some of the Sheetz in rural northern central PA are pretty scary).

The stores are super clean--even the bathrooms. They are really big on cleanliness and a bright, well stocked, friendly store. Hopefully Wegman's will be next.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:29 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
When my brother was in college, I visited him and said I needed something.

"Why didn't you stop at the Wawa?" his friend asked. I asked, What?!" and my brother proceeded to explain that we didn't have them where we came from. I did stop there...and I always remembered it because when the guy first said Wawa, I thought he sounded like a moron talking gibberish.

It's like a 7-11 or a Sheetz and is not as great as people who make it sound like the second coming make it out to be.
I agree having lived in PA for 7 years, it's no different really than the newer 7-11, Sheetz or RaceTrac stores that have opened up recently other than the sandwich schtick. I have always found most of those to be very clean, especially the RaceTrac locations. If you're life is so busy that you have to combine a meal with getting gas I suppose it's a revelation, but otherwise not so much.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 AM

629 posts, read 1,721,560 times
Just a nice, clean gas station and convenience store, nothing more, nothing less.

I spent some time in SE PA where they have stores and they were nice but I never saw the big deal. To hear some people describe them, you'd think WaWa arriving is like the second coming.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree having lived in PA for 7 years, it's no different really than the newer 7-11, Sheetz or RaceTrac stores that have opened up recently other than the sandwich schtick. I have always found most of those to be very clean, especially the RaceTrac locations. If you're life is so busy that you have to combine a meal with getting gas I suppose it's a revelation, but otherwise not so much.
I do a lot of travel for my job, and because it's expensive to be on the road, I try to cram as many customer visits as possible into each trip. So yes, there are times that I'm stopping for gas, grabbing food, and using a bathroom between customers--I don't have time to sit down for a meal. If I took an extra hour out of each day to have a full service lunch, it would mean adding an extra day onto each trip. It would take five days to do what I can in four. That's an extra hotel night, extra meals (and costs for them), and it means flying home on Friday night with the tourists instead of Thursday evening with the business travelers.

WaWa is a welcome sight when I'm in an area with them, because in 15 minutes I can accomplish everything I need to, including getting a freshly made sandwich instead of one wrapped in plastic that's been sitting in a case for two weeks.

FYI--there are a number of really, really gross RaceTrac locations in eastern PA and central NJ that would send you running into the night if you had to do more than pump gas there. (And in NJ they pump for you, you don't even need to get out of the car thank God.)

Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Not sure how you couldn't find it on the Internet, Wawa popped up first thing when I put in "wawa."

They are like a mini-mart, but also have a deli with really fresh sandwiches and salads, actually carry produce and healthy snack items alongside the Twinkies, have great prices on milk, some have gas, it seems to depend on the state. And they've got really, really good coffee and fresh baked goods. I don't think they are anything like most 7-11's, but similar to the better Sheetz (but not all, some of the Sheetz in rural northern central PA are pretty scary).

The stores are super clean--even the bathrooms. They are really big on cleanliness and a bright, well stocked, friendly store. Hopefully Wegman's will be next.
He/she obviously didn't search C-D either. There have been numerous posts on WaWa.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Just another business trying to make it in a new market.

I guess those from up north see it as a touch of home which means it's the next best thing since sliced bread. If it fills a need so be it, if it doesn't oh well it's just a nother place for me to buy gas.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
LOL, exactly what I was thinking. I guess some people haven't discovered Google or Bing yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando