Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 PM

290 posts, read 688,712 times

Advertisements

Just go park at the Polynesian or Contemporary..tell them you're just visiting or are going to eat at the restaurant, and take the monorail to the MK entrance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM

189 posts, read 520,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otown native View Post
Just go park at the Polynesian or Contemporary..tell them you're just visiting or are going to eat at the restaurant, and take the monorail to the MK entrance.
Sorry, I disagree with this. Guests at those resorts pay top dollar & shouldn't have fewer spaces or less convenient spaces available due to others' unwillingness to follow a few rules.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
You park at these hotels the security guard will likely give you a three hour parking permit,after it expires you're risking getting towed.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM

11 posts, read 19,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
You park at these hotels the security guard will likely give you a three hour parking permit,after it expires you're risking getting towed.
Do they only give three hour parking passes at these resorts. We have been to other resorts and they don't give you anything, they just let you in.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM

12 posts, read 68,435 times
Last time I was at the Yacht & Beach Club (where you can walk to Epcot) they gave us a 3 hour pass. They also ask us what restaurant it was we were going to. I wouldn't try parking at the hotels to go to the parks, they have seemed suspicious the few times we have visited to just look around the place. We used to go to the Poly often later in the day to eat at Ohana and I think they are more relaxed if you visit later in the afternoon/evening.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
The U-Turn before the gate is not illegal or breaking policy. The sign there simply says "Magic Kingdom Parking"

Presumably, it is there for people who stay at the resorts to be able to park at the park. Why would anyone need to do this when there is the monorail is beyond me - but read the sign next time - it doesn't say anything that suggests you shouldn't take it if you are going to Magic Kingdom.

When you consider the percentage of people who will do this, you have to figure it's just not worth Disney's while to enforce it. Since they apparently need to give this access to some people, they'd have to pay someone to work a gate rather than just put up a fence and block everyone.

It's extremely out of the way for anyone coming up I-4, but $14 bucks may make it worth it for you.

My new preferred way to get to Disney is Link 50! $2 each way on LYNX and it goes from LYNX Central Station downtown to the Ticket and Transportation Center. When you factor in the time of parking and waiting for a tram and all - it really doesn't take much more time than driving from downtown - and it's much cheaper than paying for the gas + parking. Door to door service and I get to zone out instead of drive.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:21 PM

547 posts, read 774,936 times
does this alternate route still work? I'm ok paying if it means beating the rest of the traffic.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:41 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
HAHAHA. Did that many times. Parked at the Polynesian. Even if we went through the parking collection toll lanes, told them same thing and they instructed us to take the far right lane.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:49 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
does this alternate route still work? I'm ok paying if it means beating the rest of the traffic.
I pretty recently moved back there like 5 minutes behind MK and the Reams rd back entrance to WDW is the way I get to all the parks,the only place at WDW I take another route is when I go to Disney Springs where I take CR 535 down to Buena Vista.One thing to take note of is that Center Dr does not reach Reams rd any more.They basically just moved the way in a couple hundred feet north and I think that entrance road is now Floridian way,it takes you through the middle of the MK employee parking lot and merges with where Center Dr took you,not a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando