Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM

7 posts, read 14,502 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm from Miami (32) and been there my whole life. I have a wife (32) and two kids (4) and (2). We've been thinking about moving for the last two years when our second baby was born. My wife loved Clermont and its hills when we spent a weekend at Lake Louisa State Park as did I and we are seriously thinking about moving there. We don't know too much about the city. Is it a great place to raise a family? How's the crime rate? We are also looking at Minneola. Opinions please. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Watch the rising tax rates in Minneola. Most of Clermont is very safe. I've been here for eight years and have never worried about crime. Of course I don't do anything to invite it, either.

There are several recent threads about Clermont, maybe read through those and then ask specific questions...

Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 7,518 times
In my opinion Minneola very rural Clermont not so much but not much culture as in terms of movies libraries( one on 27 books so old pages are yellow S enf of 27 near 192 well developed lots of groceries stores, drugstores- hair salons Other end heavy with medical offices and medical complexes

Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patgoo View Post
In my opinion Minneola very rural Clermont not so much but not much culture as in terms of movies libraries( one on 27 books so old pages are yellow S enf of 27 near 192 well developed lots of groceries stores, drugstores- hair salons Other end heavy with medical offices and medical complexes
The library on 27 is new, it was built within the past 5-6 years.

The north end of Clermont has everything you could need. Shopping (including Belk, Penney's, Kohl's, etc.) a movie theater, tons of restaurants both chains and locally owned. Houses of worship, an aquatic center you can join, community events.

Yes, there are a lot of medical offices, there's also a decent sized community hospital so we don't ahve to go trucking all the way to Orlando for routine care. Hospital areas usually ahve a lot of medical offices.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,120 times
Clermont is a nice area, but one thing to consider is where you work. If you work over near UCF for example, that would be a commute from hell for sure.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,514 times
Buyers like Clermont because it's a quite rural area, it has most everything within a quick drive including quick access to Disney.

Both my wife and I like the rolling hills topography.

Hope this helps,

Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM

197 posts, read 752,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The library on 27 is new, it was built within the past 5-6 years.

The north end of Clermont has everything you could need. Shopping (including Belk, Penney's, Kohl's, etc.) a movie theater, tons of restaurants both chains and locally owned. Houses of worship, an aquatic center you can join, community events.

Yes, there are a lot of medical offices, there's also a decent sized community hospital so we don't ahve to go trucking all the way to Orlando for routine care. Hospital areas usually ahve a lot of medical offices.
I agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better. I absolutely love living in this part of Clermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando