Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Robbery-ever been in one?
No 15 88.24%
Yes once 0 0%
Yes more than once 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times

Advertisements

Orlando crime sucks, but have any of you actually seen a robbery in action? I mean its not THAT bad guys...I asked a similar question about burglars in the past and to my surprise, almost nobody here was a victim, despite the bickering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,217,507 times
ft lauderdale back in the house!!! where you been???

Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
ft lauderdale back in the house!!! where you been???
BUSY!!!!

I actually did almost witness an armed robbery down here in Hollywood. They tried to tie explosive to one of the tellers backs...whole states going crazy. Whole country is going crazy, I was recently in Columbus, Ohio and Dallas and the local news was even worse...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM

"I actually did almost witness an armed robbery down here in Hollywood. They tried to tie explosive to one of the tellers backs."

holy crap. that's horrible

Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
"I actually did almost witness an armed robbery down here in Hollywood. They tried to tie explosive to one of the tellers backs."

holy crap. that's horrible
It really is...I think it ended up being a hoax, but still...Broward is having its year. There were 2 robberies yesterday in Hollywood as a matter of fact... Last year Orlando, Palm Beach etc had their years. Now its our turn. Unfortunately I have seen these type of insane crimes all over the nation...but east Broward is definitely having a bad year. It's still fine out west/not really any worse than its below average usual, but the disparity between the east and west half of the county is increasing pretty rapidly. I have to say this is the first year I have personally seen this area slip backwards.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 PM

orlando is having another one of those years. hey, we're the 7th most dangerous city to live in now, according to one published report

Old 09-27-2007, 12:28 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,788 times
Where are all the people that cant see what's going on here......maybe they will chime in soon.......i was a victim of an armed robbery a couple years back as alot of people already know but i havent been in that situation since, but i hear alot of crap at work from the Sherrif's that come in to get free pizzas....thats why i say that people think things are safer hear than they really know about.....believe me...there is alot more going on than the average person knows about

Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 AM

207 posts, read 926,513 times
Have you ever considered other reasons why you may feel unsafe? Maybe it has something to do with the nature of your work, delivering pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Where are all the people that cant see what's going on here......maybe they will chime in soon.......i was a victim of an armed robbery a couple years back as alot of people already know but i havent been in that situation since, but i hear alot of crap at work from the Sherrif's that come in to get free pizzas....thats why i say that people think things are safer hear than they really know about.....believe me...there is alot more going on than the average person knows about

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
Have you ever considered other reasons why you may feel unsafe? Maybe it has something to do with the nature of your work, delivering pizzas.

Ive never been robbed delivering pizzas but there is always a chance though.....one of our drivers did get robbed but....i feel ok out there .......i only deliver in the Disney area and there was only a couple of robberies ive heard of in this area that involved pizza delivery......I have to do this job at this time for the amount of money i get and so that i can keep a balance in mobility in my leg....because i have severe arthritis and have had surgery 4 times on my knee from an accident i had when i was 12 years old.....that changed my life....the last couple years ive lost alot of mobility in my knee and if i run or stand on it all day it swells up and if i sit on it all day it swells up, so therefore i had to get a job that provided a decent pay for my qualifications and which would allow me to stand and sit for the right amount of time to maintain health....i was told that i would need a knee replacement in 15 years and that was about 8 years ago....but i feel better since i got this job.......i was doing sales at JC Penny before this and i got fired because after i had surgery i needed to take a couple breaks and my knee was swelling and they said i was asking for too many breaks but i was stuck in the middle because i couldnt control the swelling or the pain and i dont take drugs because i had a drug overdose when i was 17 and i dont like that feeling of not having control and i had flashbacks when i took some ibuprofin after one of my surgeries....and i was freaking out .......

I dont think that people actually take time and realize that we are not all starting on the same level or have the same obstacles in life.....im doing the best i can at this time.....i am in school but havent been there because of financial issues but that is starting to get back to where i might be able to go back in a semester or two and finish my 5 classes......but from what they told me at the school i feel i basically waisted my time there because they said the starting pay at jobs for my program would be around 9 or 10 dollars an hour.....and i could move up but that isnt a guarentee in my field unless i get more education and i make 10 dollars an hour delivering pizza ....i should have gone for a different field in school..............

I think i am misunderstood when i talk about crime issues.....i really like living in Orlando but there are people that just discard the facts that there is more random crimes than the average city in our suburban areas .......and some people mislead other people on here and say things are safe based on thier own situations and experiences in life......there actually are people that come on here and tell people Orlando is safe...well how do those people know what this person has been through in life?.....maybe they have had no situations where they needed street smarts.....and that is what im getting at involving Orlando and crime and outsiders that want to move here......maybe they have kids....who knows?........im not stupid....ive seen ghetto areas when i lived in Nashville and when i lived in Miami too .......and i wouldnt think to tell someone that was coming from any ghetto that Orlando was dangerous because they are coming from a rough spot already and know how to watch thier back.....i post the way i do because the majority of people on here are living out in nice homes and dont deal with everyday situatons with daily life and crime in the city of Orlando and i think it misleads that family from Des Moines Iowa to tell them it is safe here...........i dont really say that i feel one way or another about crime when talking about the facts....i just state facts about things ive seen and stats about the city and stories i hear from the sherrifs that come in to get a free pizza at my job......thats all.....people really really misunderstand me.......i got robbed at a 7-11 in Altamonte ...yeah that is true, but do i say i am scared of that happening everyday?.....no....i actually went back to that gas station a few weeks after it happened to prove that it wouldnt happen at that same place again.....and thats how i am .....if i find any fear in anything i like facing it..and beating it.....im just warning people that not everything is as it seems in life....you should watch that new movie "the brave one" with Jodie Foster and that is what im getting at.....you can walk your streets thinking that people that are victims of crime are weak or if they had any fear from the crime that they are somehow weak but as it shows in the movie .....that one moment or one inccedent can change your whole life and the way you see the world around you....you think you know before it happens, but really you dont....trust me

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 09-27-2007 at 07:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando