Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM

127 posts, read 498,828 times

Advertisements

..it's not a murder or anything...but...

My boyfriend's neighborhood...nice upscale one in Windermere...just had thier first crime...someone had thier rims stolen off thier escalade....we drove by it and it was up on blocks...no wheels...very odd. we think the person had to have known the people though because he was the only house in the nieghborhood witha fence all around his property and my BF told me they had cameras too....but regardless...the rims got stolen....and the police activity has def gone up since then...we drove down to eat our Steak n Shake down at the end of the street so we could look out over the lake...and we had a cop come up and ask us if what we where doing and where we lived and to see my BF's ID (my BF showed him his ID and it had his addy saying we lived just down the street)....and then we talked about the rims and the cop went off like ommmg i knowwww i've never seen crime in here before yadda yadda.......it was kinda funny ot see him go off ( i just ate my fries and listened lol)

guess the fact is...even if you do live in the 'safe' parts...no reason to let your gaurd down. Crime happens...everywhere.......just in more parts than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,197,324 times
hey, there was a strong armed robbery at mcdonalds in avalon park area (401 s avalon park blvd)

Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 AM

127 posts, read 498,828 times
oh geez really?

And there was the robbery of that Dunkin Doughnuts/Baskin Robins a while ago..Alafaya and E. Colonial...i hate that light too...people always run the red light left turn from E colonial onto Alafaya for atleast 5 seconds....its horrible. (extra rant hehe)

oye very.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:01 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,197,324 times
ppl run red lights everywhere here. is this like typical nj/ny/pr stuff or something?

ps-orlando was mentioned on national news lastnight regarding crime.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,263,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Am I the only one who bothered to read the article? It is a rare thing to happen in this area...the article was very specific to say that. In fact, there had not been a homicide in Oviedo for 10 years before having two this year.

This is like the people who scream 'HURRICANES' since '04. Yes, '04 was bad, but the other 24 years that I've lived in Orlando had no hurricanes.

My whole point is that it only takes one moment to change your life or your family's lives from one inncodent of crime......you should see that movie called "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster......it shows how a person is before being a victim and after being one..........yes Oviedo isnt a place i would say is high crime at all.....but even when i say that other places are from my experience people still act like every area is so safe on here but they dont live in those areas i talk about for the obvious reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando