Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out exactly which tolls are increasing and by how much. Someone told me the 417 Lake Jessup bridge is going up by the $0.25 but all I've found in news is a vague article about 408 and Beachline. Lake Jessup just went up last year so I don't know how they would raise it again.

Anyone have any specifics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,174,248 times
Wekiva Parkway ...Thats why.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 AM

Ya I know that I'm asking about specifics about which tolls are going up and by how much, particularly the Lake Jessup bridge as that is the only way I and the majority of my coworkers can get to work.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 AM

26,798 posts, read 43,267,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I'm trying to figure out exactly which tolls are increasing and by how much. Someone told me the 417 Lake Jessup bridge is going up by the $0.25 but all I've found in news is a vague article about 408 and Beachline. Lake Jessup just went up last year so I don't know how they would raise it again. Anyone have any specifics?
Because the state (and our great Governor) keep slashing transportation budgets which means we get to foot the bill even more than we already are. One can always take one of the many other non-toll highways in the metro area...oh wait, there's only one.

https://www.oocea.com/ExpresswayAuth...reaseFAQs.aspx

Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,162,048 times
Always amazes me that when people want the convenience of instant communication, they buy a sophisticated smartphone with all of the excess data charges ... but the same people ***** when they want the convenience of transportation and the tolls go up.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Because the state (and our great Governor) keep slashing transportation budgets which means we get to foot the bill even more than we already are. One can always take one of the many other non-toll highways in the metro area...oh wait, there's only one.

Interesting....

Quote:
Q: Why are the tolls increasing?
A: Prior to 2009, the Expressway Authority absorbed rising construction costs for 19 years without raising the tolls to help cover those expenses. The economic downturn has caused traffic on our system to decline significantly, which impacts toll revenues.
Tolls are used in many high-tax states, especially in NY and NJ. I'm not going to raise a big stink for the few that are in Orlando and FL, with its relatively low-tax environment. A single trip into manhattan will cover lots of tolls in Orlando

Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post

No the legislature is every 5 years and it would take a lot to get around that which is what would have surprised me. The link you submitted is Orange County only and has no bearing at all on Lake Jessup. If you look at the Toll Schedule PDF on that page it doesn't even include "stations" in Seminole County.

Does anyone know if the Seminole County side that was just raised last year is going up again?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,174,248 times
Quote:
Ya I know that I'm asking about specifics about which tolls are going up and by how much, particularly the Lake Jessup bridge as that is the only way I and the majority of my coworkers can get to work.
Refuse the 528 and 417. If I'm not mistaken the eastern 408 aswell

Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 AM

26,798 posts, read 43,267,473 times
Quote:
No the legislature is every 5 years and it would take a lot to get around that which is what would have surprised me. The link you submitted is Orange County only and has no bearing at all on Lake Jessup. If you look at the Toll Schedule PDF on that page it doesn't even include "stations" in Seminole County.

Does anyone know if the Seminole County side that was just raised last year is going up again?
The Seminole County portion of the 417 is now run by the Florida Turnpike Authority....who knew? It looks like all toll booths under Florida Turnpike Authority jurisdiction are going up 25 cents effective 6/24/12 due to funding shortfalls from the state and decreased traffic numbers...so in the end apparently being tight with your transportation budget affects everyone long term, since toll rates won't come back down.

http://floridasturnpike.com/TRI/2012...ing%202012.pdf

Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,716,403 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out exactly which tolls are increasing and by how much. Someone told me the 417 Lake Jessup bridge is going up by the $0.25 but all I've found in news is a vague article about 408 and Beachline. Lake Jessup just went up last year so I don't know how they would raise it again.

Anyone have any specifics?

Answering the original question, these toll hikes will be on Express Authority Roads.
  • All of 408 and 429.
  • 528 starting from Semoran (436) on east.
  • 417 in Orange County.
  • 414 (Maitland Boulevard Extension)
  • New Goldenrod Road (airport area)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I think the amount will be $0.25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando