Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:12 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

The show was awesome and much more enjoyable than the last time I attended in 2009. My mom and I got there around 4 PM, got a great parking space across from the Orlando Public Library on Central (however at a premium price of $10)

All the various foods were delicious as well as the concerts both at the bandshell and the K92 FM stage, and the beer gardens were great as well.

Going home was much easier and much more organized than I had expected. Traffic was extremely heavy but it didnt take us more than 15 minutes to get out of downtown

And the people who showed up for the event, I felt truly represented Orlando and it's diversity. Just about every type of person you can think of was there. From the "Takei's, criminals, and retreads" as some posters have stated, to the more "well to do" urban professionals to middle class blue collar people and just about every ethnicity and race imaginable was present. I was also surprised how many interracial couples were there too, though a vast majority of these couples the male was usually black (NOT A BAD THING) either way seeing everybody coming out to the event and having a good time honestly really makes me proud to come from Orlando and celebrate with my fellow Americans regardless of race, skin color, economic class or profession.

So much for Central Florida being full of minimum wage workers, "Takei's criminals, retreads, and losers" There is so much more to this wonderful city than those who wish to make blanket statements

God Bless America, God Bless Orlando, and hope you all had a very happy 4th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The show was awesome and much more enjoyable than the last time I attended in 2009. My mom and I got there around 4 PM, got a great parking space across from the Orlando Public Library on Central (however at a premium price of $10)

All the various foods were delicious as well as the concerts both at the bandshell and the K92 FM stage, and the beer gardens were great as well.

Going home was much easier and much more organized than I had expected. Traffic was extremely heavy but it didnt take us more than 15 minutes to get out of downtown

And the people who showed up for the event, I felt truly represented Orlando and it's diversity. Just about every type of person you can think of was there. From the "Takei's, criminals, and retreads" as some posters have stated, to the more "well to do" urban professionals to middle class blue collar people and just about every ethnicity and race imaginable was present. I was also surprised how many interracial couples were there too, though a vast majority of these couples the male was usually black (NOT A BAD THING) either way seeing everybody coming out to the event and having a good time honestly really makes me proud to come from Orlando and celebrate with my fellow Americans regardless of race, skin color, economic class or profession.

So much for Central Florida being full of minimum wage workers, "Takei's criminals, retreads, and losers" There is so much more to this wonderful city than those who wish to make blanket statements

God Bless America, God Bless Orlando, and hope you all had a very happy 4th!
Cant rep you, but +1. One of the more enjoyable experiences of Orlando.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Yeah it was awesome. I was lucky enough to watch it in the A/C condo of a friend of mine in the paramount. Tons of people around Lake Eola even at 5 pm when I got there

The new fountain (well a year old now) just looks awesome

Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,078 times
Nice to hear, didn't even consider going because of crowds. I run Eola a lot and have a hard time parking when there is a game or concert. Fountain is beautiful, and I enjoy all the people watching.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 AM

206 posts, read 415,220 times
Had a great time. Crowds were big but after being in Chicago last year for the 4th, it was a much more positive experience.

Lake Eola is central, so the crowd splits in all directions - Chicago is on the Navy Pier meaning everyone is trying to exit through the same point!

Old 07-06-2012, 02:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
It was a great evening. Parking for me was easy and free. Leaving was no problem. It was fun being there with my closest 300,000 friends. trust me ... they were close, it was packed. Had a perfect place to view, Robinson side of lake. Only issue was we were in the fallout zone so the particles of burnt explosives rained on us... Perfect weather, perfect view, perfect city...

A Great Time!.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Overall I had a great experience, but somehow of course I wound up next to screaming infants that were startled by the fireworks. Why would you think it would be appropriate to take an infant?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 AM

81 posts, read 154,110 times
[quote=Crane's Rooster;25053327]Overall I had a great experience, but somehow of course I wound up next to screaming infants that were startled by the fireworks. Why would you think it would be appropriate to take an infant?[/qu

Maybe no babysitter. I feel bad for the infant, he was probably scared to death.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Overall I had a great experience, but somehow of course I wound up next to screaming infants that were startled by the fireworks. Why would you think it would be appropriate to take an infant?
That happens to me when I fly....even if I'm going to Vegas!

Glad to see I was not the only one on this board who attended the fireworks show but I'm glad to see everybody enjoyed it as much as I did Can't wait for next year

Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM

188 posts, read 276,859 times
I had diarrhea that evening so i couldnt go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: