Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 08:39 PM

27 posts, read 109,763 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to buy a house in Windermere but with all the subdivisions is getting harder and harder to make a decision. A house in Lake Butler Sound is not less than $750 yet they are zoned for some of the schools with a lower rating (ex West Orange) A house in the Tuscan Ridge division is much more economical $400 to $500 yet they are zoned for the best schools (olympia HS, Gotha, thorneebrooke). Can anyone give an idea of the tuscan Ridge subdivision and if its a good location? Also, any child that lives in Windermere is allow to go to the windermere baseball league regardless of the subdivision? Please if you know the area very well give me your opinions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM

188 posts, read 276,832 times
You'll be fine, pick a house and go for it.. thats what i did and truly love where i live

Old 07-14-2012, 11:47 PM

680 posts, read 1,921,278 times
Lake Butler Sound is much more exclusive than Tuscany Ridge....... Tuscany Ridge, while nice, is just your "standard" upper scale un-manned gated community.

The true wealth is in Lake Butler Sound/Isleworth...... With it's manned gate, you're probably not getting in without proper authorization... Lake Butler Sound homes probably START at $750K and go well into the millions There really is NO comparison.

Sure it's zoned for West Orange, but most of the folks that live in Lake Butler Sound can afford to send their kids to Windermere Prep or have drivers take them out to Lake Highland Prep.

If you are even considering Tuscany Ridge over Lake Butler Sound.. and are worried about the schools, I'm willing to venture that you probably don't have the income to truly afford a home in Lake Butler.... I'm definitely not trying to belittle you with that statement, just trying to be realistic. I'm sure you could make the monthly payment... but why be house poor?

So back to Tuscany Ridge... It's a nice neighborhood.. I like the location...much more than Lake Butler Sound's location, in fact... you have very easy access to the 408, and a straight shot down Apopka-Vineland to Restaurant Row and Downtown Disney. If your kids are in middle school, they can walk across the street to Gotha Middle.

Sorry, don't know anything about the Little League

Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 AM

70 posts, read 258,428 times
Windermere Little League boundary map is on their home page, most of the way down.
Windermere Little League : windermerell.org

Old 07-15-2012, 09:37 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,718 times
The boundary encompass many existing and new communities on the verge of offering pre-sales. If you haven't done so yet I would recommend touring the area once you narrow your search as you might find others that fit your needs.

Hope this helps,

Old 07-15-2012, 10:37 AM

27 posts, read 109,763 times
Hi Volk2k: thank you so much for your reply. I went to see a couple of houses in Lakebutler and definetely is my first choice. I live in an exclusive area in NY where some people send the kids to private schools but others like me send my kids to public schools. The schools my kids go to are the best public schools in the borough. They are getting the same level of education than the ones in private> In the process, I am saving myself close to $60,000 a yr ($30 per child). I can use that money for college, vacations, lol. I don't know about Windermere public schools other than most of them are rated A so I am assuming it will be safe for me to send them to public schools. I would rather live in Lake Butler but I don't mind going to another subdivision where the public schools are better than the ones at lakebutler, I am sure Tuscany ridge is a safe area too (I hope). Thank you so much for all the details you gave me about this area, I am excited!. I am going to check the area on my next trip (probably in a couple of weeks). Thanks again

SillyLeo: Thanks for the link

Broker Dave: Any suggestions? name of subdivisions?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando