Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM

98 posts, read 236,201 times

Advertisements

I know that in Oregon, the best site to use to search for houses that are for sale with a realtor is rmls.com, not realtor.com or zillow.

Is there a site like that for the Orlando and suburb area?

How do you find out the property tax on houses for sale in the Orlando area? Is it listed in the house description?

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 PM

57 posts, read 158,583 times
Not sure of a specific website for the Orlando area, besides the individual neighborhood websites themselves, but you could look into Trulia for more information if you don't want to use Realtor.com.

I know Weichert.com usually lists taxes and fees associated with each of their listings.

Hope that helps a little!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 AM

54 posts, read 81,335 times
Default Orlando Real Estate & current tax info

1. Most real estate websites list the current or most recent tax rate charged within the description of the property.
But there is also another way to search and get this information if you want it for a specific property address located in Orange County, while also trying to make it the most accurate "estimate" based on a new sales price.
http://www.OCPAFL.org

Once there, you can click on the button towards the top right, labeled "estimate" and from there punch in a few numbers and it will give you an estimate based on homesteading or not homesteading the property and a new sales price.

Taxes will adjust based on your new sales price and what ever exemptions you qualify for. Do not base your decision to purchase or not purchase because what the current tax is. THEY WILL RE-ADJUST after you purchase the property, and most are still trending down with today's purchase.

If you are looking at a property in Seminole County, here is the Seminole County Property Appraiser site

2. You could also visit my Orlando Real Estate website to get started. No registration required unless you want to set up custom searches for auto-notification. But just about any website will do, the difference between mosts site are: some are updated every couple of days and some daily. It all depends on the data feed but for initial research, go to what ever site you are most comfortable with, and is easy to navigate.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,166,773 times
Couldn't find an MLS sight like we have in Brevard county but this came up when I put in Orange County MLS

Florida Real Estate: Find FL Homes for Sale.

You can do searches in all Florida counties and it does list what the taxes are on the homes.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM

680 posts, read 1,920,502 times
As far as I know, the "official" "consumer" Central Florida MLS website is:

www.myfloridahomesmls.com

Personally, I believe ZipRealty.com has the best tools/search interface/currency

Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 PM

28 posts, read 48,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post
As far as I know, the "official" "consumer" Central Florida MLS website is:

www.myfloridahomesmls.com

Personally, I believe ZipRealty.com has the best tools/search interface/currency

I find that MLS does not list half of the houses that have for sales signs in my area. Thornton Park and surrounding areas.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM

793 posts, read 2,523,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I find that MLS does not list half of the houses that have for sales signs in my area. Thornton Park and surrounding areas.
I'm sorry but find that hard to believe.

Zillow and Trulia and a bunch of other sites would freak if they could get access to all the local MLS feeds from around the country.

Every bank foreclosure is listed with a Realtor just to access the MLS, it's the best source to determine market value.

Even Appraisers used information from the MLS along with public records when performing an appraisal.

Now I heard of homes being held off the MLS for a week or so giving the listing office the chance to find a buyer themselves but I would hate to be found out doing this.

Hope this helps,

Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 AM

28 posts, read 48,811 times
I should have added that it is the site www.myfloridahomesmls.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando