Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM

9 posts, read 22,453 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys, moving to Clermont, FL for October 1st. We will be renting an apartment off of 27 in the 34714. I noticed throughout the threads a lot of people said to stay within the 34711 zip code. Not sure if anyone is familiar with why. we visited this weekend and it was nice. We continued up 27 and i loved the rolling hills. We went over to Winter Garden and shopped at a large plaza (with Marshalls, Target, Lowes, etc.) fairly new looking. Any objections to the 34714 area? We're early 20's moving from suburban Mass (used to A LOT of vegetation, back roads, and all nice homes with little to no apartment complexes).

Also, while I have you, hows the night life? Is Clermont mostly families, or are there any younger crowds? Not talking like clubbing or anything, we just like to go to a good sports bar on the weekend, any you know of that are usually busy?

Any info would be awesome. I know this will all come with time just living there.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
34714 is southern and very transient. Most if not all of the housing is zoned for short term rental, and there are two apartment complexes to be avoided at all costs in that area. Generally speaking 34711 is more settled with much nicer housing and short term rental is not allowed within the city limits. The apartments are overall upscale or even luxury.

There is an Irish Pub near the intersection of 192 that seems to be busy most of the time. Up in 34711 there is a wine bar, the Q Room, Gators, World of Beer, The Vue, Grafitti Junction, and more.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 AM

226 posts, read 483,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecb View Post
Hey Guys, moving to Clermont, FL for October 1st. We will be renting an apartment off of 27 in the 34714. I noticed throughout the threads a lot of people said to stay within the 34711 zip code. Not sure if anyone is familiar with why. we visited this weekend and it was nice. We continued up 27 and i loved the rolling hills. We went over to Winter Garden and shopped at a large plaza (with Marshalls, Target, Lowes, etc.) fairly new looking. Any objections to the 34714 area? We're early 20's moving from suburban Mass (used to A LOT of vegetation, back roads, and all nice homes with little to no apartment complexes).

Also, while I have you, hows the night life? Is Clermont mostly families, or are there any younger crowds? Not talking like clubbing or anything, we just like to go to a good sports bar on the weekend, any you know of that are usually busy?

Any info would be awesome. I know this will all come with time just living there.
Thanks
Not a lot to do in clermont as far as bars and clubs.its meanly a bedroom community with big box stores and lots of scenery.the clubs are all in Orlando to the east. but give it a few years.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,252 times
34714 has two apartment communities well worth considering. Cagan Crossing and The Carrington at Four Corners. Now Ashton Chase has alot of what one post called "hold Over" section 8 residents (tax credit is the appropriate term. Section 8 is hard to find and very few Lake County apartments even accept Section 8.) The church looked to help a family with it. There were only two and they weren't any of these mentioned. I know since I've been in the area awhile Ashton Chase turned regular apartments - not tax credit but they are the ones with hold over residents. I believe the post was accuarate if they meant Ashton used to be Sol somethin. The Carrington at Four Corners is HIGHLY populated with friends of mine that used to live in Cagan's Crossing and Alta Corners. Both of those previous places were considerably higher rents and much newer. But they really love that Carrington Place sorry -The Carrington at Four Corners. The bus stop is right on the corner too. One of the ladies doesn't drive and has her family to help but she wanted to make sure she could catch a bus close by before she moved there. She says they are very strict about noise and who moves in. Her son came to pick her up and she got a notice cuz his car radio was too loud. Then her son wanted to move in and was not accepted. I"ve been reading in the paper too and they seem to have a pretty nice thing going on there. It's not in the 34711 but they have great schools new shopping growing around them. I was going over quite a bit to visit 2 people that lived there. One night I went to some community party ? they even had singers. I can't tell you how surprised I was. And very impressed by how pleasant everyone was- it was a friendly and comfortable environment. Hard to explain but you know it when you feel it. I don't know who worked there and who was just living there but everyone really was so darn nice. I was looking for a place for my son to move with his family and my friends highly recommended it. So, he recently moved in and they really can't say enough about it. Another friend of mine is looking for a place now and I was just checking to see if anything else has come on the horizon that I hadn't found yet. I don't see anything like my son Shawn found and he works at Disney so he said Cagan or The Carrington but The Carrington had a good thing for Disney people. So we'll look there and see if they have anything. Shawn And Cara like it there a lot.

Last edited by gurlnamedsam; 05-29-2013 at 01:00 AM..

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlnamedsam View Post
34714 has two apartment communities well worth considering. Cagan Crossing and The Carrington at Four Corners. Now Ashton Chase has alot of what one post called "hold Over" section 8 residents (tax credit is the appropriate term. Section 8 is hard to find and very few Lake County apartments even accept Section 8.) The church looked to help a family with it. There were only two and they weren't any of these mentioned. I know since I've been in the area awhile Ashton Chase turned regular apartments - not tax credit but they are the ones with hold over residents. I believe the post was accuarate if they meant Ashton used to be Sol somethin. The Carrington at Four Corners is HIGHLY populated with friends of mine that used to live in Cagan's Crossing and Alta Corners. Both of those previous places were considerably higher rents and much newer. But they really love that Carrington Place sorry -The Carrington at Four Corners. The bus stop is right on the corner too. One of the ladies doesn't drive and has her family to help but she wanted to make sure she could catch a bus close by before she moved there. She says they are very strict about noise and who moves in. Her son came to pick her up and she got a notice cuz his car radio was too loud. Then her son wanted to move in and was not accepted. I"ve been reading in the paper too and they seem to have a pretty nice thing going on there. It's not in the 34711 but they have great schools new shopping growing around them. I was going over quite a bit to visit 2 people that lived there. One night I went to some community party ? they even had singers. I can't tell you how surprised I was. And very impressed by how pleasant everyone was- it was a friendly and comfortable environment. Hard to explain but you know it when you feel it. I don't know who worked there and who was just living there but everyone really was so darn nice. I was looking for a place for my son to move with his family and my friends highly recommended it. So, he recently moved in and they really can't say enough about it. Another friend of mine is looking for a place now and I was just checking to see if anything else has come on the horizon that I hadn't found yet. I don't see anything like my son Shawn found and he works at Disney so he said Cagan or The Carrington but The Carrington had a good thing for Disney people. So we'll look there and see if they have anything. Shawn And Cara like it there a lot.
First post praising an iffy at best apartment complex with a lot of details for someone who doesn't live there? Which employee are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando