Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times

Advertisements

Everybody just fill in Ron Paul.

Your last chance to save America before the banks make you say "please massa, I can have some more bread sir?"

In before all the idiots that think the recession wasn't orchestrated by the central banks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Everybody just fill in Ron Paul.

Your last chance to save America before the banks make you say "please massa, I can have some more bread sir?"

In before all the idiots that think the recession wasn't orchestrated by the central banks...
Why not Gary Johnson, the official LP candidate?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Why not Gary Johnson, the official LP candidate?
You'd vote for this face? He looks like a used car salesman.

I don't like his stances on managing debt and the federal reserve and the irs.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM

207 posts, read 1,034,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post
Siegel is a perfect Orlando resident.

A. Surgically enhanced bleach blonde arm candy with the IQ of a turnip. Check.
B. Blowhard Republican that built the largest house in square footage in the US (near Windermere of course). Check.
C. Made his money in selling worthless timeshare scams. Check.

Orlando is proud to have David Siegel as a resident. His company is built on fantasy and fakery just like the theme parks.

Also like the theme parks, he pays minimum wage and offers no benefits. He's perfect.
LOL. Best post I've read today. Siegel is douchebaggery at its finest. Not that I have anything against rich people, just the way they can act sometimes!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
LOL. Best post I've read today. Siegel is douchebaggery at its finest. Not that I have anything against rich people, just the way they can act sometimes!
I'm not trying to defend David Siegel here, and whether his industry is a scam or not he has my respect for building his business from the ground up. That's something that takes hard work and perseverance whether its legit or not. Now of course I don't condone scams or con artists, but either way Siegel busted his butt to get where he is, even though his Westgate Tower in Vegas went belly up

I work at a store where a lot of our clientele is "wealthy" and most are reasonable normal acting people. Others are extremely anal, others are stand offish and have a "dont talk to me" expression on their face, others are tourists. People are people though regardless of income level, there's good and bad in every group. Some rich folks who acquired their wealth are usually a bit more down to eath because they know what the struggle is like. Those who were lucky enough to be born into money are usually the ones with their noses in the air because their family has always had money for generations.

One customer of mine stands out in particular because I saw her getting into a 4 door Porsche which I complemented her on. She said "Thanks, I just bought it, it's 2 years old but in this tough economy we all have to make hard choices, it's all about scarifice you know?"

It amazes me how out of touch some people are

Old 10-18-2012, 09:07 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
One customer of mine stands out in particular because I saw her getting into a 4 door Porsche which I complemented her on. She said "Thanks, I just bought it, it's 2 years old but in this tough economy we all have to make hard choices, it's all about scarifice you know?"

Still a smart move on her part. Let someone else take the depreciation hit for driving it brand new off the dealer lot. Buying slightly used/CPO is the way to go.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM

995 posts, read 1,695,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

It amazes me how jealous some people are.

I'm so sick and tired of peoples wealth envy. If you aren't happy with what you have, you should have stayed in school longer, partied less, made better decisions, worked harder etc. etc. etc. My wife and I were in school and training until we were 40, watching other people party it up. Now we have a crapload of money and I hate to think people judge us for the car we drive. Get over it.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Still a smart move on her part. Let someone else take the depreciation hit for driving it brand new off the dealer lot. Buying slightly used/CPO is the way to go.
For cars like that, yup. For high quality lower end models that you plan on keeping for 10-15 years or more (or hybrids with limited battery life) it's better to buy new.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
It amazes me how jealous some people are.

I'm so sick and tired of peoples wealth envy. If you aren't happy with what you have, you should have stayed in school longer, partied less, made better decisions, worked harder etc. etc. etc. My wife and I were in school and training until we were 40, watching other people party it up. Now we have a crapload of money and I hate to think people judge us for the car we drive. Get over it.
I didn't see it as being jealous, although I see you as a braggart.

For the record, the wealthiest person I know (worth well over $40M) is driving a six year old mid-level BMW and has no plans to replace it for another four years or so. The last time he shopped for clothes was a couple of years ago, and only because I was giving him grief about wearing the same seven outfits he had worn for the past decade. He's not cheap, it's just something that isn't important to him as long as they are clean and don't have holes. He has a BA from a State University--and trust me, he partied plenty hard while he was getting it. Will you ever be worth $40M with all your fancy education (and student loans to match)? I highly doubt it. (By the way, he donated to Obama)

The next wealthiest person I know (going on $15M) is living in a 1 BR apartment in LA in a nice but not luxury building and not in any hurry to buy anything. According to him, the rent is reasonable, the building is well maintained, and he likes the neighborhood. He drives a four year old Jeep Cherokee. Oh, and he barely finished high school.

You don't have to spend half your life and enough money to feed a small nation for three years to become wealthy.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I didn't see it as being jealous, although I see you as a braggart.

For the record, the wealthiest person I know (worth well over $40M) is driving a six year old mid-level BMW and has no plans to replace it for another four years or so. The last time he shopped for clothes was a couple of years ago, and only because I was giving him grief about wearing the same seven outfits he had worn for the past decade. He's not cheap, it's just something that isn't important to him as long as they are clean and don't have holes. He has a BA from a State University--and trust me, he partied plenty hard while he was getting it. Will you ever be worth $40M with all your fancy education (and student loans to match)? I highly doubt it. (By the way, he donated to Obama)

The next wealthiest person I know (going on $15M) is living in a 1 BR apartment in LA in a nice but not luxury building and not in any hurry to buy anything. According to him, the rent is reasonable, the building is well maintained, and he likes the neighborhood. He drives a four year old Jeep Cherokee. Oh, and he barely finished high school.

You don't have to spend half your life and enough money to feed a small nation for three years to become wealthy.
Excellent post annerk. I am in no way jealous of that woman buying a 2 year old Porsche as opposed to a new one. My point of that post was to show that some folks see buying a 2 year old car instead of new as a "sacrifice" or a "hard choice" simply because they have lived so well and don't know what it's like to really struggle like others who have to decide whether they eat or have electricity or buy gas

Ultimately chopchop is right, she made the right decision buying a 2 year old model as opposed to a new one, she saved a ton of money on the price and didn't take a huge depreciation hit once she drove off the lot. Still no matter how much money I have, I would not see buying a 2 year old car as opposed to a new one as a "Hard choice" or "Sacrifice"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando