U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM

561 posts, read 1,814,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglouix View Post
Everyday is a living hell in the Worst City in America
Some recent statistics:
1) Money Magazine-9th most unaffordable city in America.(All chain restaurants and all price gauging). I've never had worse food then the overpriced slop they serve in this city.
2) 2006- 5th highest crime rate in America--We are in the same company with other fine cities-Detroit, Flint, East St. Louis and Memphis
3) Highest commute time in Florida
4) Most tolls of any metro area in Florida.
5) Only city that doesn't have a highway from downtown to it's Airport
6) Most pathetic downtown of any city in America. Has anyone every in the World taken a vacation with their destination downtown Orlando?
7) A murder a day
8) A dumb 3rd World Theme Park based population.
9) The most oppressive climate in the World which they lie about by saying it is high of 92 when it is 100 everyday.
10) Worst planning of any city in America. Why do they insist on building everything right up on the curb? Not only is it ugly but you can never widen the road.(See 50)
Bottom Line: This city should not exist, if Disney World wasn't here nobody would live here. The Smart people from other cities moved to the areas with the only thing that Florida has to offer: Beaches
The idiots that came here, came because they wanted to live near theme parks and work at low level service jobs. Only those people brought there families who don't want to work, so they steal, rob and kill. The rest of the lowlifes keep having children to 5 or 6 different fathers. RESULT: THE BIGGEST CESSPOOL ON THE PLANET Can you imagine what a failure it would be if a bunch of educated architects and engineers were dumped onto a swamp and told to produce Oranges? They probably couldn't. On the flip side could you imagine what would happen if a bunch of rednecks were given authority to plan a city? That disaster is known as Orlando--Welcome to the third World: No English spoken here, except, "This is a robbery."
I just had to quote this so it could be seen at least another time in this thread.

+1 Reputation for you!
Rate this post positively

Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM

95 posts, read 403,430 times
Miami is # 1 then Orlando. Both places are equally disgusting. Been in Florida 25 years (Jacksonville) Been too just about every city. I really can't think of a really nice place in all of Florida. Traffic, crime, taxes, weather, politicians (some of the worst) (Las Vegas, NJ, LA being the only Exceptions) In 4 years my only grandchild will be 18 and then I am out of here. Wide open spaces with lots of mountains, no more swamp land for me.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,022,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpdianne View Post
Miami is # 1 then Orlando. Both places are equally disgusting. Been in Florida 25 years (Jacksonville) Been too just about every city. I really can't think of a really nice place in all of Florida. Traffic, crime, taxes, weather, politicians (some of the worst) (Las Vegas, NJ, LA being the only Exceptions) In 4 years my only grandchild will be 18 and then I am out of here. Wide open spaces with lots of mountains, no more swamp land for me.

If it's not one of the problems in your specific area of Florida it will be one of the other problems that is overwhelming.......If its not high cost of living ...it will be high crime....if its not rude people it will be high cost of living but in Florida you will still get the rude people even in those pricey communities....most people that say they dont see it are too used to living here and need to take a trip out of state for a week and feel the difference....i lived in Tennessee for 4 years and i moved back to Florida but as ive been here i get used to not seeing certain things as being rude until i visit Tennessee again...everytime i get back from a trip up there i feel the difference in the attitudes.....people are pushy and arogant and inconsiderate in Orlando....there are good people but its hard to find.......anyone can say they used to live somewhere else and see Florida as a nice place as far as peoples' attitudes, but they have been here and not in that other place for a while so that's why they say they dont see the aggressive people in Orlando......they should take a trip before saying that

Old 10-10-2007, 02:25 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,855,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
If it's not one of the problems in your specific area of Florida it will be one of the other problems that is overwhelming.......If its not high cost of living ...it will be high crime....if its not rude people it will be high cost of living but in Florida you will still get the rude people even in those pricey communities....most people that say they dont see it are too used to living here and need to take a trip out of state for a week and feel the difference....i lived in Tennessee for 4 years and i moved back to Florida but as ive been here i get used to not seeing certain things as being rude until i visit Tennessee again...everytime i get back from a trip up there i feel the difference in the attitudes.....people are pushy and arogant and inconsiderate in Orlando....there are good people but its hard to find.......anyone can say they used to live somewhere else and see Florida as a nice place as far as peoples' attitudes, but they have been here and not in that other place for a while so that's why they say they dont see the aggressive people in Orlando......they should take a trip before saying that
You hit it right on the head!! I travel all the time, Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama and most of the Midwest. You cross the GA/Fl state line and it is like going to another country. The farther south you go the worse it gets. The wife and I joke around saying we are going to America when we travel out of Florida.
People I know hear tell me it is the same all over the country. How would they know, they never leave Florida. I am moving tommorow and I promise I will not come back to the Florida forum and complain about Florida anymore. Just hope some day in the near future the building boom starts again, I have some land here to sell.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

169 posts, read 624,162 times
Sweating 320 days a year puts you in a bad mood. I have to where a suit everyday and I'm miserable by the time I get to the office; you walk 50 feet and sweat is rolling off your back, then you work with women who are cold all the time and demand that the air conditioner is turned up instead of just bringing a goddam sweater.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,852,635 times
where u going bigr?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM

since i see that i have ppl in agreement with me, i dont feel the need to justify what i said... come to orlando and see...

if you dont even live here yet, dont say say it's one way or another. live here and live it, then you'll see...

Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,855,421 times
backtofla I am moving to Huntsville Al.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM

enjoy yourself bigr. good luck with the move

Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 PM

king louix, where you from the bronx man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: