Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM

20 posts, read 57,897 times

Advertisements

Hi I live in orlando area. And I have about 150K cash which I saved.

I am looking for a investment property(home or condo). I guess I qualify to get a loan if I want.

What is my best options?

1. Buying a house with mortgage.
2. Buying a condo with cash.

Any better idea?
Which community and area you think best for my budget?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0128 View Post

I am looking for a investment property(home or condo). I guess I qualify to get a loan if I want.

What is my best options?

Any better idea?

thanks.
3. Buy a house with cash.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Quote:
What is my best options?
Any better idea?
thanks.
I'd go house, cash. You're in a buyer's market on real estate. I'd probably go with old Winter Park.
Your 150K should give you lots of options.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM

20 posts, read 57,897 times
I couldn't find a 150K house unless I go to bad area.

Can you tell me which area you recomend in that price range?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM

You should find 3br 2ba concrete block which you could rent for income. Try 32803, 32789.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM

511 posts, read 854,329 times
No don't, no tax benefits what-so-ever in buying a house with cash, and besides you get no credit benefit out of it either nor can you refinance or for that matter use it for financing once you've paid it off unless you sell it.. You can put a large amount down and a manageable monthly payment with extremely low interest and that would be the best long term investment that way. If you felt, you could purchase more than one and use the rental income from the other to pay off both houses depending on what you buy maybe even a multi-family unit either way if you do it wisely you should be able to cover both mortgages or even more untis if you're so inclined and still have a little left over every month..

Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM

He could use a home equity loan and be his own banker at a low interest rate. Live in it free of rent or rent it out.

He cant do much, he only has $150k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post

No don't, no tax benefits what-so-ever in buying a house with cash, and besides you get no credit benefit out of it either nor can you refinance or for that matter use it for financing once you've paid it off unless you sell it.. You can put a large amount down and a manageable monthly payment with extremely low interest and that would be the best long term investment that way. If you felt, you could purchase more than one and use the rental income from the other to pay off both houses depending on what you buy maybe even a multi-family unit either way if you do it wisely you should be able to cover both mortgages or even more untis if you're so inclined and still have a little left over every month..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM

995 posts, read 1,694,334 times
Quote:
Longest sentence ever, and incorrect information.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
There is so much incorrect info in this post that it's not even funny.

Speak to your ACCOUNTANT about tax issues--which will vary greatly depending on the rest of your financial picture.

You most certainly can put a mortgage on an investment property (cash out refi or HELOC) if you have 100% equity. There are rules that may or may not apply depending on other mortgages you might have, etc. In other words, there is no one size fits all answer like certain people are trying to provide.

Anyone telling you differently doesn't have a freaking clue of what they are talking about.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,360 times
Quote:
I couldn't find a 150K house unless I go to bad area.

Can you tell me which area you recomend in that price range?
Wow, how much research have you really done? This is definitely not true. You can get a house for this price in a decent neighborhood in several areas all over the metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando