Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times

Advertisements

i was wanna say that i think the cop who hurt her knee, and the attorney that was trying to get money from that family in casselberry was one of the most inhumane/selfish/"get-rich quick no matter who is harmed" stories i have ever heard.

in case you didnt hear about it... a boy nearly drowned in the family pool, he is now severely brain damaged, kid cant talk, he's now in a home away from his parents b/c of his condition... very sad and thank god the kid was saved and still alive. a cop later came to do a report on the incident from what i've gathered, and slipped and hurt her knee out by the pool where the accident took place. she wants to get lots and lots of money out of the children's family for hurting her knee.

the attorney later states that the family did this to themselves by not cleaning up the water by the pool, leading to the cop slipping and hurting her knee. the attorney later says that the injured cop is the victim. are you freaking kidding me? the family almost loses their child, and the attorney says that the cop who hurt her knee is the victim? please. this makes me so sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 12:46 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,781 times
I heard she dropped the case.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM

what an angel. there should never have been a case. she and attorney were trying to get rich quick

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM

95 posts, read 433,940 times
Makes you worry if you have to call police to your home for some reason. Very interesting from a liability standpoint.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 PM

i used to live in western nc, and i would be shocked if i had heard this case up there... i really wasnt all that shocked to hear about this story in the orlando area, i was very disgusted by it however.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,081 times
Some people........

I'm just glad there was such outrage in the community that the cop was forced to withdraw her case. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,852 times
While I never agreed with the lawsuit, I can't see why there is so much outrage over it when every day people file frivolous lawsuits against cities, counties, and law enforcement officers because they want to blame the police for some sort of injury they received or some perceived injustice.

It's a bit of a double standard when you have people who are encouraged to sue the police over every little thing, yet when one of the police tries to sue someone else there is all of this outrage.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 PM

are u freaking kidding me? ppl that try to sue police officers over a bruised wrist are stupid. and many are probably stupid criminals.

this woman was a police officer. she was money hungry just like her attorney. and these ppl are supposed to be protecting us? yikes.

there is outrage b/c she is trying to sue a family that almost lost their son, who is now brain dead, and helpless. shame on her for going after ppl in this situation.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i was wanna say that i think the cop who hurt her knee, and the attorney that was trying to get money from that family in casselberry was one of the most inhumane/selfish/"get-rich quick no matter who is harmed" stories i have ever heard.

in case you didnt hear about it... a boy nearly drowned in the family pool, he is now severely brain damaged, kid cant talk, he's now in a home away from his parents b/c of his condition... very sad and thank god the kid was saved and still alive. a cop later came to do a report on the incident from what i've gathered, and slipped and hurt her knee out by the pool where the accident took place. she wants to get lots and lots of money out of the children's family for hurting her knee.

the attorney later states that the family did this to themselves by not cleaning up the water by the pool, leading to the cop slipping and hurting her knee. the attorney later says that the injured cop is the victim. are you freaking kidding me? the family almost loses their child, and the attorney says that the cop who hurt her knee is the victim? please. this makes me so sick.

yeah that's today's world....lot of selfish people out there

Old 10-20-2007, 08:20 AM

242 posts, read 613,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
It's a bit of a double standard when you have people who are encouraged to sue the police over every little thing, yet when one of the police tries to sue someone else there is all of this outrage.
You're not understanding "all this outrage"? If an officer gets a call that there's an armed robbery in progress, don't they decide whether or not to wear a bullet proof vest?

I was forced to buy non slip shoes when I worked in this factory that, BY NATURE of the production process, water on the floor was an obvious part of the environment.

If she got called to a hostage situation where someone is held at gun point, the possibility of bullets flying would be an obvious environment.

She got called to a drowning,. Water on the floor is an obvious part of the environment.

So that's the logical angle. But dang, if that was my child? The very last thing I could possibly think about would be water on the floor. Bet she doesn't have any kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando