Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times

Advertisements

Rab makes some very good points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
I thought the same thing about the kids not going to care which beach. Yes, it's pretty on the west coast but they will have just as much fun no matter where they go. They've cleaned Daytona up and there is a neat small boardwalk with some rides and shops nearby. There also is the speedway there and more. It makes sense because you'd have more time to spend at the beach.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM

4 posts, read 3,909 times
Clearwater Beach has just been named the best beach in Florida by USA Today readers. I have been to Daytona, Miami, Destin, and Clearwater Beach. Hands down Clearwater Beach is the best, especially with kids your ages, there are plenty of activities besides the beach for them to do. Check out Clearwater Beach, a local family shares their experiences for some local perspectives. Enjoy your beach trip!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Here it is ......latest ratings . http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...nked-3-Florida

Just want to add that the crowded beach is at one of the 2 main beaches in Cocoa Beach that tourists generally use. There are many other beaches in that area that are not this crowded. I would almost guess that this picture was also taken when there was a launch scheduled or it definitely was on a weekend day during summer. Beaches are not generally this crowded.

If you are big Disney fans and you do plan a beach day on a Sunday, the beach even on hot days clears out a lot as people go back to Orlando in the afternoon. But if you stay till after 5 you will see3 cruise lines leave the port in a row and move down just off shore. It is easy to pick out the Disney ship and we have gotten our Northern visitors in the water with the ship in the background.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 PM

27,164 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
you've obviously never been to Ponce Inlet (south of Daytona Beach).
I have...a long time ago. There's nothing much there other than beach which makes it not the most fun destination and probably why I forgot about it. I tend to prefer beach towns with some kind of character and things to do (restaurants and shops) versus a day of just sitting on the beach.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have...a long time ago. There's nothing much there other than beach which makes it not the most fun destination and probably why I forgot about it. I tend to prefer beach towns with some kind of character and things to do (restaurants and shops) versus a day of just sitting on the beach.
Kyle, Have to say, Ponce Inlet is a great destination. Beach is beautiful, there is the LightHouse and museum to explore, there are restaurants right there, but close enough to drive into New Smyrna or Daytona, too. We love Ponce Inlet . It also has the white sand that people rave about on the West Coast. I just love the beac h community feel of the area.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 AM

64 posts, read 145,177 times
If you are willing to drive few hours than you can choose from top FL beaches: Top 10 Florida Beaches : Beaches : Travel Channel

Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Kyle, Have to say, Ponce Inlet is a great destination. Beach is beautiful, there is the LightHouse and museum to explore, there are restaurants right there, but close enough to drive into New Smyrna or Daytona, too. We love Ponce Inlet . It also has the white sand that people rave about on the West Coast. I just love the beac h community feel of the area.
Exactly. Really a hidden gem.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM

9 posts, read 10,431 times
A nice beach my wife and I stumbled upon while on the Gulf side is Honeymoon Beach near Tampa in the Dunedin area. Very nice and not too crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando