Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM

388 posts, read 787,181 times

Advertisements

If you can't find something to do in Orlando, than I worry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM

492 posts, read 1,020,093 times
Your problem is that you're on the wrong side of Orlando.

I'm not sure what you're into, but there's parks everywhere here. You should start at Lake Eola in downtown.

Here's a list, I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out. I have no idea what exactly you want (and if you want a list of shopping destinations other than the malls and Park Ave, someone else will have to help with that):

Museums/Cultural: Morse Museum of American Art (WP), Orlando Museum of Art (O), History Center (O), Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden (WP), CityArts Factory (O), Mennello Museum of American Art (O), Cornell Fine Arts Museum *now free* (WP), Orlando Ballet (O), Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra (O), Leu Gardens (O), Maitland Art Center (M), Orlando Shakespeare Theater (O), Orlando Science Center (O), Mad Cow Theater (O), Winter Park Playhouse (WP), Crealde School of Art (WP), Theatre Downtown (O), Enzian Theater (M)

There's also some comedy clubs, a crapload of nightclubs, Xrated adult entertainment options, dinner theaters and stuff in the tourist corridor, lots of live music in pretty much every neighborhood. Also, there's a zoo in Sanford, bungee jumping, hot air balloon rides, helicopter rides, zip lines, etc. if you're looking for adventure stuff.

And more shopping than you could possibly get through (from wacky, antiques, upscale, etc.) For shopping, all I can recommend is Ivanhoe for interesting and/or antiques and Park Ave for the most variety and upscale outside of the malls. Plus, there's a nice park and some great restaurants on Park Ave.

Definitely go there. Also Lake Eola/Thornton Park/Downtown, Ivanhoe, and hit the museums if you're into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdRatherBeAtTheBeach View Post
Well I'm just looking for a lot of fun things to do water park, great shopping, lots of places to eat, tourist attractions that adults may enjoy, beautiful parks, and more! Really just anything fun. I'm coming from a very small town in WV, where there is NOTHING to do. Shopping sucks here, prices are high and in order to go to a outlet I have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back. I go to the same 3 restaurants when we go out to eat and none of them fancy. Fun? What is fun in WV....nothing. Orlando seems fun but when I goggled things to do in Orlando I came up with many children s activities, nothing to much geared towards adults. The only thing my husband and I are not interested in is arts, historic places, bars and clubs, or brewery's.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,177,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdRatherBeAtTheBeach View Post
While I was browsing around in my attempt to learn more about Orlando I was struck by how everything seems to be so child oriented. I know Disney is a big part of Orlando but I assumed with a town so large and with so many tourists I thought there might be a better mix of things to do that not only include children but adults as well. All I seem to see are things related to Disney, or Universal or some sort of hotel. Maybe since those attractions are so popular it kind of drowns out other things to do. I know the shopping seems wonderful; they do have great shopping including designer boutiques (which I don’t have access to where I currently live). Outside of that I don’t see much else to do, with the exception of a water park or discovery cove. Are there many things for adults to do in Orlando?
Truth is, there isn't much for adults to do. There are things to do but over time they become boring as anything would.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,482,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Truth is, there isn't much for adults to do. There are things to do but over time they become boring as anything would.
Seriously? Every time I pick up the Orlando Weekly I am struck by just how many interesting things are going on in the city. I was reading an issue today that focused on events that happened last weekend (the new issue comes out tomorrow)... I was bummed that I missed some awesome things. Sure, they may not be as numerous or on as grand of a scale as what's happening in larger cities like NY and LA, but things are going on here. "Florida on a Tankful" from News 13 has great ideas for day trips.

Besides, if people don't go out to these local events, festivals, concerts, restaurants, stores, etc. nothing will ever grow. It's ludicrous for people to complain that we don't have enough things to do if they are unwilling to support what's already there. Orlando isn't suddenly going to be a hot spot of culture and entertainment if nobody is there to progress it forward.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM

189 posts, read 434,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Seriously? Every time I pick up the Orlando Weekly I am struck by just how many interesting things are going on in the city. I was reading an issue today that focused on events that happened last weekend (the new issue comes out tomorrow)... I was bummed that I missed some awesome things. Sure, they may not be as numerous or on as grand of a scale as what's happening in larger cities like NY and LA, but things are going on here. "Florida on a Tankful" from News 13 has great ideas for day trips.

Besides, if people don't go out to these local events, festivals, concerts, restaurants, stores, etc. nothing will ever grow. It's ludicrous for people to complain that we don't have enough things to do if they are unwilling to support what's already there. Orlando isn't suddenly going to be a hot spot of culture and entertainment if nobody is there to progress it forward.
THIS!!!

I'm always coming across events and activities in the Orlando area, and all it takes is minimal research. If people don't do some research or ask around then nothing will ever grow. That is one thing that disappoints of many people here, they don't make an effort to discover what is already here or put themselves out there to try new things.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post

Bravo!

The only people I've ever met who complain that there's nothing to do here are the ones who don't have the ability to appreciate the things around them.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,477,769 times
I don't know how one could be bored.....

Examples...

Free:
Featured Free Events | www.wftv.com

Music
Concerts | www.wftv.com

Festivals:

Festivals | www.wftv.com

Pets:

Pets | Animals | www.wftv.com

Wine/Food:

Food | Wine | www.wftv.com

And there are some many more!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM

10 posts, read 21,932 times
There's lots of adult things to do on Orange Blossom Trail. You have about 5 different sex shops including the two story Fairvilla mega store. Hookers on every corner of North OBT from Colonial to the I-4 underpass after 5:00pm sometimes sooner. This area has lots of strip clubs in between and even country line dancing! Don't forget all of the gay bars including Parliament House in the heart of the North OBT Hookerville~

Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
I straight, not narrow, and love the comedy shows at the P-House!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM

10 posts, read 21,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I straight, not narrow, and love the comedy shows at the P-House!
Footlight Theater always has hilarious shows. I went there for hedwig and the angry inch last year and it was a blast~ You don't need to be gay to enjoy Parliament House, that's just who they cater to! I'm married myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando