Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 AM

34 posts, read 111,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwoodRN View Post
Wow, I could match that post minus a couple of kids. My husband and I are looking to relocate this summer somewhere near Orlando. We have one child going to college and will be moving with 2 kids in high school. My husband is also in construction. He does it all...framing, tile/floors, trim, you name it, he can do it. I am a Registered Nurse. We are moving from a town in Arkansas pop less than 1,000...so there is no comparison to where we are going. Looking for a place close to medical facilities, shopping, etc. also want low crime, good schools and somewhere they are BUILDING! I appreciate the previous posts, as it has given me a starting point. Thanks for all the great feedback!! Hopefully, we will find our way to Florida this summer
You definitely want Lake Nona then!!!! (from the info I have gathered!) Very up and coming, medical city is built, subdivisions are going in now! When I was there Narcoossee was a nice 4 lane highway with nothing on it but subdivions are starting to pop up!
You want to get in now before the prices go up! Thats the area we are pretty focused on! Good luck! Maybe we will be neighbors some day (sooner then later because I am DONE with all this Chicagoland snow & cold!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM

4 posts, read 5,921 times
To address some of the questions asked:

Thank you for all the suggestions so far. We greatly appreciate all the information. To address some of the questions asked...

We are moving from the Caribbean in hopes of finding better opportunities for ourselves and our children. The cost of living here is way too high and we are struggling to make it. Besides that, the crime is out of control.

In regards to my husband's talents, he does plastering, lays blocks, deals with anything dealing with interior work (framing, sheetrock and durock), anything dealing with masonry work.

I am not finding much success finding a job for him on the net. Besides, he, too, is considering about changing employment and would like to further his education.

Also, I have another question, what cities or counties are on the East Side that I should avoid?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM

7 posts, read 8,448 times
Wow! Exciting that lots of families are just moving! I am from pittsburgh , pa! We are also looking at moving to those areas! I have 11 year old twins, one with special needs! My husband is into sales plumbing! We are trying to do it this summer if all things can fall into place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando