U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 AM

50 posts, read 159,072 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of looking at 55+ communities where we will be moving permanently in 2-3 years. At this point, Kings Ridge is near the top of our list but that's based strictly on what we've been able to glean from this forum and other internet sources. We were in Florida in August and tried to drive through Kings Ridge just to see what it looks like but could not get past the gate. We will be there again in March and would like to find a way to see Kings Ridge....at least the clubhouses and to drive around to see the layout. Anyone know of a local realtor who they can recommend and who might be willing to show us Kings Ridge even if we aren't buying for a couple of years? Or, is there any other way to arrange to just drive through it? Thanks for any advice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 06:34 AM

26,590 posts, read 56,778,215 times
Kings Ridge is like a fortress (same thing with Legends across the street). You won't get in unless you are on someone's guest list. If you are working with a Realtor they would be happy to arrange to show you some homes in there, and while you are there you can tour the clubhouse. Otherwise, well, that's one of the benefits of living in Kings Ridge, it's very secure.

There is a Realtor who lives in Kings Ridge, let me see if I can dig up his name and PM you.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 AM

50 posts, read 159,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Kings Ridge is like a fortress (same thing with Legends across the street). You won't get in unless you are on someone's guest list. If you are working with a Realtor they would be happy to arrange to show you some homes in there, and while you are there you can tour the clubhouse. Otherwise, well, that's one of the benefits of living in Kings Ridge, it's very secure.

There is a Realtor who lives in Kings Ridge, let me see if I can dig up his name and PM you.
Annerk - Thank you for the PM! You've kindly responded to a couple of my past inquiries and your thoughts have been very helpful in terms of informing our search. I also noticed in another thread by a poster from upstate NY that you had lived there as well. I grew up in the Elmira-Corning area.

When we were in Florida in August, we visited Mt. Dora and liked it a lot but the absence of a viable 55+ community is a concern we just can't get past. It looked to us like the Lakes of Mt. Dora is having problems and cutting back on services and Sullivan Ranch doesn't have the activities and amenities. So, the more we read about Kings Ridge on this forum and other websites, it seems to have what we are looking for in a community - - but we really need to see it. We hate to bother a Realtor when we probably aren't going to be in the position to buy for 2-3 years but can't think of any other way to look around, even for a quick drive through. We were hoping there might be some sort of community representative to show people around as was the case when we visited Dell Webb in Davenport. We also wanted to learn about the HOA fee structure.

Any suggestions you can offer are appreciated.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 AM

626 posts, read 854,244 times
There is another (Lennar which I love), 55 + development in Clermont and they have models you can go through! Forget the name, Champions or Heritage Hils? You can google these.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 AM

The other community is Heritage Hills. They've been building it for a few years now, it doesn't seem to be selling as well as they were maybe hoping. I don't know why other than perhaps the economy in general. It's "behind" Kings Ridge. They are different from Kings Ridge in a number of ways and wouldn't (in my opinion) make a good comparison.

Monthly HOA dues at Kings Ridge are around $320 or so. That includes all exterior maintenance and a repaint of the home every five years or so as well as use of the clubhouse and recreational facilities and their activities (most are free--golf is extra as well as a handful of classes that require supplies.)

I'd suggest calling the Kings Ridge office, (352)242-9653, and asking if there is any way you could get a tour.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:27 AM

annerk, Lennar was successful with Kingsridge so I assumed that's why they have built Heritage Hills. I'm curious as to why they are different from it, in what ways? We went through their homes and they are beautiful and very friendly staff.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM

The homes in Heritage Hills are overall larger than the homes in Kings Ridge. They are all 3-4 bedrooms, too large for most seniors looking to downsize.

Kings Ridge has two gold courses, Heritage Hills has a putting green and golf simulator, but no course.

The Heritage Hills clubhouse is 30% smaller. Kings Ridge has four pools--one is indoors while Heritage Hills only offers two, both are outside.

You can legally drive a golf cart from Kings Ridge to Publix, the dry cleaner, banks, several restaurants (fast food and full service) dentist, chiropractor, Dollar Store type place, and a handful of other shopping and service. You can't do this from Heritage Hills.

Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are other differences.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM

Okay, that is a big difference and I like the golf cart to the shopping strip, that's a very nice plus.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
We are few years away from retirement, but I drove through Clemont and Leesburg a month ago and liked what saw (at least from the outside) when I drove by The Plantation and Kings ridge. Can anybody recommend a realtor who show my wife and I some homes in those communities?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 AM

189 posts, read 468,112 times
Smile Heritage Hills 55+ Villas

May be heading down for a visit... Saw online they offer smaller attached 'Villas' now for 55+...

But will also try to get in to see Kings Ridge as well.

And back to my fave so far: Del Webb Orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando