Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM

189 posts, read 435,974 times

Advertisements

To say every single one of those individuals will be relocating here, and not hiring any locals might be a bit of a stretch, but hey, we'll see what happens. There will be individuals that might want to move back and those positions would need to be filled. If only a naysayer's energy was put to greater use... le sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I don't think Annerk a naysayer, she's been pretty straight shooter in her responses and seem to like Central Florida.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
19000 New jobs is definitely good for Metro Orlando.

And annerk, how do you know these new Verizon jobs in Lake Mary will all be New Jersey transplants? Any links you have to prove this?

Its funny how when I state something, everybody demands a link but when you state something its obviously true since you're so smart and all, right?
Because I've actually known that this news was coming for a few months. A friend of mine is a manager at Verizon in NJ and let me know before Christmas that while nothing was signed yet, it looked like he was going to be moving down this way. Many of the NJ employees will have to reapply for their jobs as they are changing some of the job titles, but the hiring managers have told pretty much everyone that if they want to come, they'll have a job. My friend said that most plan on taking them up on it.

What it should help significant'y is the real estate market. Most of these people will be selling expensive NJ real estate and looking to reinvest their money. It will be a boon to the $250K and up housing market north or Orlando.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
Not everybody will relocate with the initial relocation of that Verizon office and even if they all did, eventually the jobs will be open to exisiting CFL residents as people will move on, retire, etc, so even the filled jobs are a good thing.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 AM

31 posts, read 58,585 times
We have friends who work for Verizon in NJ, not everyone is interested in the upheaval of their families, plus, the area where folks live and work are areas where the real estate will move slower, it's not a great real estate market there either. We moved at our company's offer from NJ, but only because our house sold, many others wanted to but couldn't sell their homes. I had heard that relocating companies aren't offering relocation help anymore either, so that makes a move even more difficult. There will be jobs for Floridians, plus, doesn't the company get a tax break if they hire so many locals? Ours did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando