Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM

698 posts, read 960,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Probably. The price savvy are probably already shopping at super target and Wal-Mart
Ugh, so the American public can continue to line the pockets of the Walton Family. I'll shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Publix before I ever step foot in a WalMart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The new Winter Park store is at the NW corner of Lee Rd and 17-92 (I think) where it appears a framework of girders has gone up, but not sure if that's for Whole Foods or not.
Originally they said it was going in across the street, where the UP Development sign is located. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited by VTGal; 12-28-2014 at 03:58 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 05:43 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post
Ugh, so the American public can continue to line the pockets of the Walton Family. I'll shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Publix before I ever step foot in a WalMart
Let me guess, Target is OK? lol

Old 12-29-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Nope, don't know who owns Target so didn't include in my response.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Because they're three times larger in terms of store size and have very little criteria involved in terms of whose organics they're selling. The grocery industry is becoming increasingly diluted in terms of "organics" in the marketplace and pretty much any company can slap the word organic on a label with very little effort since it has to be just 70% or better in terms of organic ingredients to achieve that, not to mention very litle oversight from the USDA. Whole Foods employs standards in terms of ingredients it won't place on it's shelves and animal welfare standards it adheres to. To suggest Wegmans is anyway similar is ridiculous given the lack of standards involved, since seemingly a simple use of the greatly watered down word "organic" is good enough for them and they're little more than a selling agent for the big mainstream food companies trying to make a buck off the increasing popularity of organic foods.

Food Ingredient Quality Standards | Whole Foods Market
Animal Welfare Basics | Whole Foods Market
Seafood Quality Standards | Whole Foods Market
You obviously know nothing about the USDA products Wegman's sells. Most are sourced from the same places WF sources from.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Target is a better option than WalMart, but I try to shop local as much as possible. We go to our local Ace Hardware before Home Depot unless we know that Ace doesn't have the product we are looking for as we've tried them for it in the past.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Target is a better option than WalMart, but I try to shop local as much as possible. We go to our local Ace Hardware before Home Depot unless we know that Ace doesn't have the product we are looking for as we've tried them for it in the past.
CorpWatch*:*Target: Wal-Mart Lite

It's splitting hairs. both are mega corporations that pay entry-level wages for entry-level work. Do you buy your toilet paper or garbage bags at Ace or HD?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:

It's splitting hairs. both are mega corporations that pay entry-level wages for entry-level work. Do you buy your toilet paper or garbage bags at Ace or HD?
Nope. Publix. I don't care if they cost more.

I haven't stepped foot in a WalMart in 10 years and only go to Target when I can't get it anywhere else.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:33 PM

110 posts, read 141,026 times
Quote:

It may be splitting hairs but have you stepped inside a Wal-Mart in Central Florida lately? It's a gosh darn freak show filled with screaming infants drinking Mountain Dew out of baby bottles, morbidly obese people wearing itty bitty clothing running into customers with the motorized carts, every sex offender known to man, and other dregs of society. The staff is miserable and it shows. The lines are outrageously long. The parking lot is full of garbage, including a multitude of dirty diapers. It's hell on earth.

Why anyone would shop there mystifies me. The prices aren't so low as to justify the nightmare that must be endured after walking through the entrance doors.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You obviously know nothing about the USDA products Wegman's sells. Most are sourced from the same places WF sources from.
WF has standards that go way beyond USDA organic standards, each and every product must meet their ingredient standards before it is approved for sale. WF is not a conventional grocery store that includes natural and organic products in its aisles, it is THE ORIGINAL natural and organic grocery store that all others try to copy.

WF's stand on GMO's sets them apart from all grocery stores in the US

http://http://www.wholefoodsmarket.c...our-right-know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando