Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever lived at Mystic Pointe apartments out near Disney?

I am planning to move to some new apartments, and the only ones in my price range that are close to my job are either in the Oakridge Road area, or a couple places near Disney.......Mystic Pointe and Mystic Pointe 2 and Buena Vista Place.....Mystic Pointe 1/2 is closer to my job and they are the cheapest ones i can afford.....

Just asking if anyone knows the day to day life over in those apartments and what i should excpect as far as being able to hear your neighbors next door being loud (from the walls being built like crap), maintenance people being good at coming to fix things without hassel, and if they have free cable tv, or any other things that i should know about Mystic Pointe.....Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM

61 posts, read 263,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post

I am planning to move to some new apartments, and the only ones in my price range that are close to my job are either in the Oakridge Road area, or a couple places near Disney.......Mystic Pointe and Mystic Pointe 2 and Buena Vista Place.....Mystic Pointe 1/2 is closer to my job and they are the cheapest ones i can afford.....

Just asking if anyone knows the day to day life over in those apartments and what i should excpect as far as being able to hear your neighbors next door being loud (from the walls being built like crap), maintenance people being good at coming to fix things without hassel, and if they have free cable tv, or any other things that i should know about Mystic Pointe.....Thank you
Are there pizza delivery jobs near community colleges or UCF? Why not look for a job near one of those and then enroll in some classes? That way, you can live on the cheap by moving into some nearby apartments and advance in life at the same time. Also, student apartments tend to be as cheap as the bad areas of town but instead of down-and-out types they are full of optimistic young students. The only problem is noise, but that's better than crime.

ores

Old 10-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oresident View Post
Are there pizza delivery jobs near community colleges or UCF? Why not look for a job near one of those and then enroll in some classes? That way, you can live on the cheap by moving into some nearby apartments and advance in life at the same time. Also, student apartments tend to be as cheap as the bad areas of town but instead of down-and-out types they are full of optimistic young students. The only problem is noise, but that's better than crime.

ores
Well i am enrolled in DeVry and was 5 classes away from graduating when my home situation changed and i needed to work more hours because of tough times.....and to get financial aid i had to take at least 2 classes but the way that i had been taking classes ended up to where i needed 3 classes just to take the 2 that would qualify me for more financial aid.....i had a choice of a Humanities II class and then an Electronics review type of class which was a review of all i had learned but that class also had a lab portion which was seperate and it was not good schedule wise for me.....i lived in Deltona at that time and drove all the way to Millenia Blvd to go to school and that took about an hour each way most days so i had to factor that into the schedule and the lab classes were on tuesdays and Fridays around 8pm -11pm and the actuall electronics review class was on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays at different times after 4pm for each day plus i had to take the humanities class.....which the only one open was in the mornings on monday and wednesday each week so there was no way i could have made that schedule and worked my full time job up in Deltona at that time...and i was in a situation where i needed to work full time/overtime to help my mother with the bills because we had my grandmother from California and my brother and his girl/kid living all with us at that time and then they all told us for one reason or another that they needed to move back to the states they came from....

so me and my mother were stuck with the 4 bedroom house that she bought for all of them that said they were moving here for good before they came and then it screwed my mother becuase we lost my grandmothers social security checks and my brother's income too....and i took on the burdun of that money until we were able to sell that house which took about 8-9 months....so i had to stop going to school.....but now things have gotten better the last couple months and then i have news a couple weeks ago that my mother is going to have to move to Tennessee because my brother was going through some hard times and has no car and has a son/girlfriend to take care of and they are getting evicted at the end of the month so to keep his family together he needs some help more than me right now because i can make it in a cheap place here for now......and he is on the verge of being homeless again.....its a long story.....but that's why i cant just go over to UCF ....i am really already in school but havent been able to go and doesnt look like ill be going any time soon to finish for at least a semester or two until i get my own place and get on my feet.......i already owe the loan companies about 40k so i cant even start school anywhere else until i start paying the bills for the loans and i havent been able to for months so i dont think they will approve anymore loans until i show i am paying them ........Sorry this is so long but this is a situation with many levels in my story here

Old 10-27-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Well i am enrolled in DeVry and was 5 classes away from graduating when my home situation changed and i needed to work more hours because of tough times.....and to get financial aid i had to take at least 2 classes but the way that i had been taking classes ended up to where i needed 3 classes just to take the 2 that would qualify me for more financial aid.....i had a choice of a Humanities II class and then an Electronics review type of class which was a review of all i had learned but that class also had a lab portion which was seperate and it was not good schedule wise for me.....i lived in Deltona at that time and drove all the way to Millenia Blvd to go to school and that took about an hour each way most days so i had to factor that into the schedule and the lab classes were on tuesdays and Fridays around 8pm -11pm and the actuall electronics review class was on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays at different times after 4pm for each day plus i had to take the humanities class.....which the only one open was in the mornings on monday and wednesday each week so there was no way i could have made that schedule and worked my full time job up in Deltona at that time...and i was in a situation where i needed to work full time/overtime to help my mother with the bills because we had my grandmother from California and my brother and his girl/kid living all with us at that time and then they all told us for one reason or another that they needed to move back to the states they came from....

so me and my mother were stuck with the 4 bedroom house that she bought for all of them that said they were moving here for good before they came and then it screwed my mother becuase we lost my grandmothers social security checks and my brother's income too....and i took on the burdun of that money until we were able to sell that house which took about 8-9 months....so i had to stop going to school.....but now things have gotten better the last couple months and then i have news a couple weeks ago that my mother is going to have to move to Tennessee because my brother was going through some hard times and has no car and has a son/girlfriend to take care of and they are getting evicted at the end of the month so to keep his family together he needs some help more than me right now because i can make it in a cheap place here for now......and he is on the verge of being homeless again.....its a long story.....but that's why i cant just go over to UCF ....i am really already in school but havent been able to go and doesnt look like ill be going any time soon to finish for at least a semester or two until i get my own place and get on my feet.......i already owe the loan companies about 40k so i cant even start school anywhere else until i start paying the bills for the loans and i havent been able to for months so i dont think they will approve anymore loans until i show i am paying them ........Sorry this is so long but this is a situation with many levels in my story here
Sounds like a very difficult situation. But school issues aside, why not still move into a student apartment complex instead of a crappy neighborhood? Aren't they about the same price anyway?

ores

Old 10-27-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oresident View Post
Sounds like a very difficult situation. But school issues aside, why not still move into a student apartment complex instead of a crappy neighborhood? Aren't they about the same price anyway?

ores

I'm not sure how DeVry works with the housing, but i do think you actually have to be taking classes to get into thier housing program...i havent been in school in about 2 years since all this happened......i don't mind living in Mystic Point if that's all i can afford....it's not a terrible area at all just some lower income apartments and im used to that, but like you said i need to get in a situation where i can finish school at least......if the financial aid didnt work out the way it does i would be able to take one class at a time but it doesnt work that way and it really really sux because the farther along you get in the program the less options you have on the amount of classes available for the required classes that you need to graduate.....i talked to the dean before but he said the usual that most people in authority would say ...and didnt care about my "excuses" of why i couldnt actually come and continue school at the time...me taking ...or having to take the 3 classes was not his problem...so i just didnt go back...i had no choice......when i started out at DeVry the classes in the first 2 semesters had over 30 people in them in each class....then as the program progressed less and less students moved on....and when i got to the final stages there were an average of 7 students or so in each class so that made less options of choosing a fiting schedule because they would only provide one day or night class for each subject...so it really sux

Old 10-28-2007, 04:30 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure how DeVry works with the housing, but i do think you actually have to be taking classes to get into thier housing program...i havent been in school in about 2 years since all this happened......i don't mind living in Mystic Point if that's all i can afford....it's not a terrible area at all just some lower income apartments and im used to that, but like you said i need to get in a situation where i can finish school at least......if the financial aid didnt work out the way it does i would be able to take one class at a time but it doesnt work that way and it really really sux because the farther along you get in the program the less options you have on the amount of classes available for the required classes that you need to graduate.....i talked to the dean before but he said the usual that most people in authority would say ...and didnt care about my "excuses" of why i couldnt actually come and continue school at the time...me taking ...or having to take the 3 classes was not his problem...so i just didnt go back...i had no choice......when i started out at DeVry the classes in the first 2 semesters had over 30 people in them in each class....then as the program progressed less and less students moved on....and when i got to the final stages there were an average of 7 students or so in each class so that made less options of choosing a fiting schedule because they would only provide one day or night class for each subject...so it really sux
That is indeed a frustrating situation. When universities won't be flexible for their students everyone loses, so they are doing something wrong.

ores

Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 14,977 times
Hey, THASPECIAL:
I don't know how I found this site and why but something pointed me to post a reply to your Mystic Pointe question. I actually lived there years ago (around 2000 - 2001) when i first moved to Orlando. It was narrowly okay for what was worth. I was pretty broke back then so I dealt with it. My car got broken into three times living there (granted I had a nice ride) but still that should tell you one thing about the place. I don't remember hearing through walls or anything and honestly I don't remember any hassles with maintenance but as soon as my contract was up, one CLEAR thing I can member is getting the heck up outta there and moving to somewhere more expensive and being more satisfied I had moved. Also the management back then was kind of sketchy and I never really liked them but dealt with it. Hey, I have lived places worse than that (like the ghetto in Houston)and 10 times better (Monterey CA)and I would rate it a 3.5 out of 10. If I could do it again I would never live there again but that is my personal opinion. Sorry if this makes or breaks your decision but I just could not hold it in seeing your post.

Good Luck to you and your journeys

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: