Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM

15 posts, read 33,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevezan View Post
Really? I was under the impression that the Town Center was still delayed because of a change in construction plans. When did this happen, exactly?

I can see why it's been troublesome for you guys adjusting, but I'm hoping for the best. I think they are hoping more doctors will arrive, and well, I definitely have been keeping tabs on this area since I may be going to school in Lake Nona in about a year and a half or so. Likewise, if this area isn't developed enough by the time I want to settle, I'll probably pass on it.

Is there some way of maybe getting the Lake Nona and Eagle Creek communities more involved in this? I can't imagine you are the first person to have these concerns. The developer's Facebook page has dozens of people wanting more grocers and shops.
The reasons for the Town Center delay do not seem to matter. If the demand was really there, it would have been built. A couple of hundred high earning physicians cannot change Lake Nona that much from a business point of view.

In order for Lake Nona to actually be like other high end suburban communities, we would need about 20,000 households in the area with six figure household income and we are nowhere close to that.

In 10 years, maybe Lake Nona delivers on its hype but if you are looking to move here today with a family, don't waste your time. Your kids will be in college by the time this place has things they can enjoy.

People do talk about these things but then most people moved here because of the attractive homes at affordable prices and they "convinced" themselves that everything will be built soon. Well, once you are on the ground reality hits and you quickly start missing the day to day conveniences of more established areas especially if you moved from a bigger area like NYC/NJ or DC/Northern Va./Maryland where everything is within a five mile radius whereas down here there is not much in the five mile radius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 641 times
Although it seems like we have a long way to go before we have all the shopping centers and restaurants we need, if we buy now and be patient, we will benefit in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando