Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM

7,078 posts, read 16,814,564 times

Advertisements

Just curious what does everyone pay?

Let's use a 2,000 sq foot typical Central FL pool home on 1/4-1/3 acre as the prototype.

What do you pay for?
Monthly Lawn mowing?
Gardening/Bush trimming/Palm maintenance?
Yard weed control/Termite Bond/Pest control?
Monthly pool maintenance for saltwater or regular pool?
HOA?
Homeowners Insurance?
Taxes?

Just curious. This stuff can add up to tens of thousands a year in a flurry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM

4,275 posts, read 5,194,021 times
Mine is about 2100 sq ft, 7 years old, single story, hardy plank over cbs, blown insulation.

- I mow so it is 1/2 gallon a week of gas, plus 20 minutes, 2.00. I got the mower off Craigslist for 25 dollars. Works
great.
- yard sprayed for bugs etc...70 dollars once every two months.
- termite bond is 250 a year
- home insurance is 1800 last year, up 40 percent in 3 years
- property tax is 7500 a year
- HOA is 600 per year
- water/electric/trash/water is from 90 - 240 depending on weather per month. More in the summer because of a/c.
- Small stuff like a/c filter, lights, etc...100 dollars a year
- Internet - 52 dollars a month for cable internet but no cable tv or cable phone.
- Netflix - 8 dollars a month, much better than cable tv. I think Amazon has something out now too.
- Got rid of house phone and have two cell phones for 120 a month.
- I put up a clothes line in the garage and rarely use the dryer. It is so hot that the clothes dry pretty fast.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 PM

148 posts, read 341,406 times
House is about 2200 sf, 13 years old, single story, stucco over cbs, no pool however.

-I mow the lawn myself, our lot is pretty small, less than 1/4 acre. It takes me about 2 hours every week ( summer time the lawn grows very fast), I'm one of the few in the neighborhood that cuts their own lawn. I have been quoted about 1000-1200 annually for lawn service.
-Yard sprayed for bugs ( trugreen ) at 60 every 7 weeks. If you have ever had St. Augustine grass, it is a major pain to take care off.
-Home insurance (ASI) was the most reasonable coverage at 1200 per year, though I was getting quotes as high as 2500!
-Property Taxes at $3000 with the homestead exemption.
-HOA for us is $2100 , which is steep due to the manned gate and security..etc.
-Water varies from 60 to 120 depends on how much it rains and how much I have to run the sprinkler
-Electricity for us in the summer is never over $180 and can be as low as $80 in the cooler months. This always seems to amaze everyone I talk to. We do have LED lights all over the house, the previous owner added some insulation but our AC is only 10 Seer (13 years old) and the windows are not anything special. We do keep the house at only 79 during the day and at night around 76.
-Cable/Internet is at $130 a year...this always go up all the time
-Phone - we have to have a VOIP plan with unlimited international as well at about 125 per year, I'd cancel this but is a necessity at this time.

-Other miscellaneous costs that we have are private school ( this can range from 8k to 19k depending on which school your kid goes to).
-Car insurance for 2 vehicles ( near perfect driving record ) can range from $1100 to $2200 annually for full coverage.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 PM

7,078 posts, read 16,814,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiodurante View Post
House is about 2200 sf, 13 years old, single story, stucco over cbs, no pool however.

-I mow the lawn myself, our lot is pretty small, less than 1/4 acre. It takes me about 2 hours every week ( summer time the lawn grows very fast), I'm one of the few in the neighborhood that cuts their own lawn. I have been quoted about 1000-1200 annually for lawn service.
-Yard sprayed for bugs ( trugreen ) at 60 every 7 weeks. If you have ever had St. Augustine grass, it is a major pain to take care off.
-Home insurance (ASI) was the most reasonable coverage at 1200 per year, though I was getting quotes as high as 2500!
-Property Taxes at $3000 with the homestead exemption.
-HOA for us is $2100 , which is steep due to the manned gate and security..etc.
-Water varies from 60 to 120 depends on how much it rains and how much I have to run the sprinkler
-Electricity for us in the summer is never over $180 and can be as low as $80 in the cooler months. This always seems to amaze everyone I talk to. We do have LED lights all over the house, the previous owner added some insulation but our AC is only 10 Seer (13 years old) and the windows are not anything special. We do keep the house at only 79 during the day and at night around 76.
-Cable/Internet is at $130 a year...this always go up all the time
-Phone - we have to have a VOIP plan with unlimited international as well at about 125 per year, I'd cancel this but is a necessity at this time.

-Other miscellaneous costs that we have are private school ( this can range from 8k to 19k depending on which school your kid goes to).
-Car insurance for 2 vehicles ( near perfect driving record ) can range from $1100 to $2200 annually for full coverage.

I just bought a new home. I will do myself for 1900 sq foot home built 1987

Lawn: 100/ month (includes only cutting and edging)

Lawn pests/fertilizer: have a company called Cashahan rec by previous homeowner 85 (every 8 weeks) I am not happy with them so far bc my yard is literally full of bugs, spiders, and crabgrass (also have St. Aug grass, what a pain but I guess this is their first treatment today in 8 weeks)

Homeowner's: 1861 annual seems pretty high but home built in 1987 with original tile roof in good shape (and they are going to credit me after I get my wind mitigation and alarm)

Speaking of alarm home security is: 42/month with Protect America (will see how I like them as I see bad reviews online but they are sending free equipment)

HOA is less than 800 year (no gate but very upscale well maintained community in Dr. Phillips).

OUC Water not sure yet but we have a pool and septic and previous owner avg 100/month

Cable/Internet/Netflix all 3 combined with tax around 133 (also Brighthouse keeps jacking my rates even as a I complain)

Duke energy electric: Not sure yet although previous owner averaged around 200/month lately apparently

Pool with Spa: 105/ month for treatments, guy to come to house weekly to test, some basic cleaning too

Car Insurance for a Camry and Mazda around 3 years old each: 1500 annually

Phone: no landline. 2 iphones with ATT around 115 with data, text etc after tax

How about indoor pest control? How much should that be? What is needed for that in FL?
Also, anyone with good pool guy recs? Have a 38 foot saltwater with spa that is heated with help of propane
but we do have solar panels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando