Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 20,817 times

Advertisements

Hi all! First post here, long time reader.

I'm this close to renting a condo on Park Central (Belmont subdivision) near John Young & Americana. The complex and the apartment are actually pretty nice. But I know some of the areas surrounding it have a bad reputation (Texas and Americana, etc.)

How safe/nice will it be to live in Park Central? If you wouldn't recommend it, could you explain why? If you feel this is a bad (or not so good) area, could you provide more details about it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,892,772 times
I think you will be fine, and you should go for it. Under a few circumstances do not walk around Americana, only Park Central. Park Central itself is pretty nice, but the soruounding area a.k.a. little Haiti is very undersirable. Actually I never really hear about crime in that area, but the whole area in General does not look nice. Do not bring kids.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the reply sean1the1. I don't have kids, but I'm curious about why you suggested not bringing them.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,034 times
The area that complex is in is terrible... probably one of the most dangerous areas in Orlando. However, the community is gated so that will offer a little bit of protection.

I lived in Park Central for a few years when I was a kid over a decade ago. It didn't seem too dangerous at the time and I was always roaming all over the neighborhood on my bike. I wouldn't personally ever feel safe living there now, because the area has only gotten worse. I'd think it would be a target for crime, considering it's the nicest complex in a bad area.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply brinkofsunshine. I'm a bit confused now. The first answer indicates little crime, just that the area doesn't look nice. But the second answer mentions how dangerous the area is. Could you help me clarify this? I have all sorts of doubts at the moment

Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,034 times
I don't know how to put this nicely.. it's a hood. Out of the three co-workers I've known to live in the area, two of them had their apartments broken into. Just search "32839 crime rate" and do some research.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:12 PM

I appreciate your honesty. I will definitely do more research. Thanks!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorethecity View Post
Thanks for the reply sean1the1. I don't have kids, but I'm curious about why you suggested not bringing them.
I don't suggest bringing kids because the school that is zoned for the neighborhood is not the best. Basically I feel that Park Central doesn't have allot of crime, but because the area it is around has such high crime that it might negatively effect Park Central.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM

Thank you all for the help. I'm starting to reconsider my decision, which is a bit hard since it is a pretty nice apartment.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorethecity View Post
Thank you all for the help. I'm starting to reconsider my decision, which is a bit hard since it is a pretty nice apartment.
Try looking into the area closer to Mellinia area that in General is a nicer area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: