Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 PM

20 posts, read 76,477 times

Advertisements

Why isn't there a Daytona Beach/Volusia County area forum?

I appreciate that there is now a Brevard forum, but the Daytona Beach area is at least that inhabited, is distinct for its NASCAR, Stetson University, and "World's Most Famous Beach".

There are several adjoining cities to it, such as Port Orange, Ormond Beach, and New Smyrna, and a lot goes on there, too. People from that area would definitely want to chime in on their own local issues.

There should be such a forum here, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ums-added.html

Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Agreed. Makes sense if the space coast got one

Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Please read my link guys. This forum prescribes exactly how new sub forums are developed. Wishing or suggesting it based on population or popularity isn't going to cut it.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

501 posts, read 1,882,365 times
Exclamation Vague Forum Admin Speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Please read my link guys. This forum prescribes exactly how new sub forums are developed. Wishing or suggesting it based on population or popularity isn't going to cut it.
The link you posted states:
Quote:
A: New sub-forums are added when there are enough threads about the area. This decision is not based on the population of the area.
So what's the "magic number" for "enough?"

(Guess if you're a forum administrator from that area you can get it added by determining "enough" threads have been posted)

I'm curious when the reviews happen to count the "enough!"

This is beginning to sound like a George Carlin bit... Get it? How much is enough?

People have been trying to add a Daytona Beach sub-forum for years. I'm sure there are enough threads posted between FL, Orlando and Jax forums.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 AM

492 posts, read 1,025,130 times
Actually, I agree about the high number of Volusia threads and discussions. How often do we mention DeLand, Deltona, and other places? There's a thread about Deltona at the top of the Orlando forum right now and DeLand has been mentioned a few times recently.

Daytona is a long way from both Orlando and Jax. Most people who live in those cities cannot speak about housing and such in Daytona, Ormond, and New Smyrna.

IMO, there should be a way of suggesting new forums or a way to vote on them.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 AM

20 posts, read 76,477 times
There's one fundamental flaw with the logic of that new area addition policy you posted:

If people want to post about the Daytona area, and all there is, is a Space Coast or Orlando area, none of which are very near Daytona, then why would anyone start posting out-of-area subject matter in an inappropriate city forum?

All too often, people just aren't going to post Daytona topics, period, if they see there's no appropriate area to post that stuff in, in the first place. So you're effectively sabotaging the effort in the first place, with that rule.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,003 times
Default Where do I look for Ormond Beach info ? .....

I'm interested in relocating to the Ormond Beach area, so in which forum should I post my questions and read information about that area? THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction .......

Old 12-22-2013, 06:04 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
I would say Orlando is the best forum to post about Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I would say Orlando is the best forum to post about Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach.
you're probably right.... silly there is no forum considering parts of the space coast are equidistant from both Orlando and Daytona/Ormond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando