Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 AM

123 posts, read 200,876 times

Advertisements

getting an offer from Darden, may move from TN to FL

questions here.

1) where are the good schools and how much is a 3000 sq ft house in good school district cost? how about property tax rate?

2) weather is it always humid and hot in summer?

3) other tax rates? like sales tax, personal property tax

4) anyone knows the culture in Darden Restaurants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
I can tell you this right now it isn't going to be cheap. The cheapest ones in the size start at about 230k in a good school district around here in Seminole County. If you're willing to pay around 300k for a home then you are set. Orlando is the home of Darden Restaurants, I cant name one good school district that doesn't have close proximity to at least one Darden Restaurant. Some places I would suggest looking into would be Clermont, Winter Garden, Oviedo, West Sanford/Lake Mary, and the up in coming Lake Nona area. Here in Sanford we just had A longhorn open up last month, and Red Lobster has been here awhile.

The property Taxes here aren't that bad, but are actually pretty decent. The general sales tax across Florida is 6 percent. Yes, it is practically hot and Humid the entire summer. Some days of course are less Hot, and humid then other, but generally it is Hot, and Humid. We typically throughout summer get afternoon Thunderstorms almost everyday if you get a good soaking then it really cools down in the evening and it feels good outside. I'm not sure what you mean about the Culture of Darden restaurants though.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:22 PM

433 posts, read 1,228,544 times
Since you will be on the south side of Orlando, near a community called Williamsburg, I would look at Dr. Phillips, Hunters Creek, Windermere or even Celebration down near Disney World.

Homes that big in that area are usually $ 350,000 and up.

Sales tax is 7%, property taxes would be around $3,500 - $4,000 for that size home and you would have HOA. They are big here in FL, so figure at least another $100 per month for them.

From April 15 to Oct 15 it is hot! and humid! the rest of the year is great!

Do not know the culture at Darden.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 PM

123 posts, read 200,876 times
1000 Darden Center Drive, Orlando, FL is the corp address

Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffcity View Post
1000 Darden Center Drive, Orlando, FL is the corp address
Oh, okay disregard my previous post I didn't know you were referring to the Darden Corporate HQ'S. As previously posted look into Dr Phillips, Windermere, and Lake Nona areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando