Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Orlando feel like home?
Yes, born and raised. I'm staying. Why would I want to leave? 4 10.00%
Moved here from elsewhere, and continue to stay. I love it! 15 37.50%
Moved here from elsewhere but hate it, but cant leave. 6 15.00%
I'm so out of here! As soon as I can sell my house! 5 12.50%
This place has changed so much, not for the better. I feel like I need to go. 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM

98 posts, read 287,217 times

Advertisements

"No Orlando doesn't feel like home. Pretty sad since it was my home for over 30 years. I was raised in Orlando and am sad at what it has become.

A lot of people are not friendly and I have experienced road rage from other drivers."

I cant tell you how many times I have heard things like that before. It stinks to hear that, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM

169 posts, read 655,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Maybe since you tend to looks at the negative side of things, I can see how you would believe that.
why do you assume I look at the negative things I'm totally positive about areas I like. It is amazing how just because I think this place is a cesspool, you deem me negative.
It's called honesty. If you can convince yourself ALPO is steak, more power to you.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,529,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglouix View Post
why do you assume I look at the negative things I'm totally positive about areas I like. It is amazing how just because I think this place is a cesspool, you deem me negative.
It's called honesty. If you can convince yourself ALPO is steak, more power to you.

Ok, I'll make my point and then I really am done with you and the Orlando bashing....
You THINK this place is a cesspool....that is an opinion not a fact.

I see many good things about Orlando but I'm not blind to it's faults. That's honesty my friend.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,168 times
Kinglouix, I believe you stated you were from NJ. Have you ever been to Camden? Newark? Now those truly are cesspools.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:01 AM

39 posts, read 116,035 times
home is where you lay your head. none of those poll options describes how i feel about orlando.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM

98 posts, read 287,217 times
Sorry, I may have left a few scenarios out. My bad, Kastika.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:44 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,210,937 times
I refuse to call a place "home" with the absurdly low wages and high cost of living, Florida is a god da#m joke! You would think with tourism as our main economy we would have more true professionals in the industry, but thats what you get when they want you to bust your a$$ for $7 - $8 an hour Oh yeah how can you call it home when 1 year old babys are getting shot in the chest?

Old 11-17-2007, 06:56 AM

39 posts, read 116,035 times
sokay 9th wonder!

i think in america today home is more of a mindset than something physical.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:27 AM

242 posts, read 613,197 times
I've been here off and on for 20 years (Kissimmee / St Cloud) area. The changes have made living here intolerable. The poor keep getting poorer. The powers that be keep trying to pass a law that the official language of this state become Spanish. I was in Walmart the other day looking at a craft project that I was going to buy for some kids I know, but I needed to be able to see what was involved yet I could not read it because ONLY spanish information was given on the outside of the package.

Rent has sky rocketed, traffic is terrible, road planning is grossly inadequate, I've never seen a place where it's common for pedestrians to be hit by cars, crime is high (some of the styles of murders down her seem gangster flavored), and wages have hardly moved.

So for my observations, I'll be called a poster of negativity and a hater.

I'm starting to feel like the people who are not experiencing these conditions I've mentioned, (the posters who call us haters), are actually the haters. It seems like they have a choice. They can choose to understand that there are a lot of people experiencing the negatives of this place, and simply realize that they should consider themselves lucky. Or they can choose to hate the "haters" for bringing things to their attention that they don't want to see.

Because for some people, "seeing" means feeling compassion and maybe feeling a touch of guilt that they are turning a blind eye. So instead they hate, and make it appear that it's the people that are flawed rather than the conditions around the people.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 AM

242 posts, read 613,197 times
And yes, I am working to put wheels in motion for the day I can move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando