Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:00 PM

165 posts, read 516,188 times

Advertisements

I was looking at Disney's deals for Fl. residents and to me it didn't seem to great. I remember a few years ago they offered 4 days for $119 each and that was awesome. However, these days it seems like they don't care about Floridians too much. I am also surprised that they don't offer monthly payments for passes like the other big parks.

It also looked like Universal's prices for floridians went up. Am I missing something or do we get the short end of the stick.

BTW if I am missing special secrets please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,032 times
Yeah, it kind of sucks when it comes to getting into parks and I hate that Disney does not offer a monthly payment deal like I get with my Sea World passes (2 parks for $14 a month per person). Here are the deals Disney is offering Florida residents right now. I have taken advantage of the Hotel prices and had a great time - Enewsletter for Florida Residents November and Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Old 11-17-2007, 05:03 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
As a kid going to Disney was much cheaper. We had passes for year round trips and went alot. Now days it isn't worth it, it costs too much, food there costs too much. It just isn't all that fun if you aren't a kid. There are cheaper ways to be entertained in Orlando.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM

165 posts, read 516,188 times
We have two kids ages 9 and 7 so it's a big draw. However, I don't like that they don't appreciate floridians with better rates. I think Universal sometimes has specials tied in with coke cans, but the big D does nothing.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Universal usually runs a pretty good deal for a pass that lasts 15 months if memory serves, I think they run it in December, I imagine purchases of passes is low at that time.

Disney does offer special prices but its still expensive.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Universal usually runs a pretty good deal for a pass that lasts 15 months if memory serves, I think they run it in December, I imagine purchases of passes is low at that time.

Disney does offer special prices but its still expensive.
Here are the two BIG differences between Universal and Disney's AP programs:

1.) Universal usually runs specials for a buy a year get a year free or 15 mos for the price of 12 mos. They also offer park discounts for Premier and Preferred Annual Passes.

2.) Disney does not offer the flex-pay program like the other parks (Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens do). Also...no park discounts for Disney.

The Disney pass is still a good deal considering it's for all four parks for a whole year but I really hate the fact that they don't give park discounts.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Here are the two BIG differences between Universal and Disney's AP programs:

1.) Universal usually runs specials for a buy a year get a year free or 15 mos for the price of 12 mos. They also offer park discounts for Premier and Preferred Annual Passes.

2.) Disney does not offer the flex-pay program like the other parks (Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens do). Also...no park discounts for Disney.

The Disney pass is still a good deal considering it's for all four parks for a whole year but I really hate the fact that they don't give park discounts.
I used to get the pass that gave us access to all 4 parks AND the water parks as well. During the heat of the summer we prefer the water parks during the day and then maybe one of the other parks in the evening.

I have always wondered why Disney doesn't do the thing where you can pay monthly, its hard to come up with that much money all at once.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 AM

269 posts, read 1,010,251 times
I've purchased the Sea World passes before when they were 1 year for the price of admission. That was great.

One time, Universal had 2 years for $99. I must have gone 50 times with my son.

Our last year in Orlando we purchased the year passes to Disney. I don't regret it at all. My children had a great time. At the end of the year my son was crying and told me it was the best Christmas gift ever.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:10 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
Disney's seasonal pass is allright for around $240 if you ignore that you have to pay parking and that it has blackout dates that are around 2 weeks from around Dec.22 to Jan 5th,another 2 weeks during Spring Break and like 2 months during the summer when it's so hot and crowded I don't mind that I can't get in.I have this pass and you can renew it for just over $200.

I also have Universal's annual pass,I first bought it like 6-7 years ago with one of those buy one year for like $165 and get the 2nd year free.I still renew it yearly since they only charge $99 to renew it.

The pass that I have that I think is the best deal is for the Busch parks,when I first bought it I got it with only Busch Gardens and Sea World for like $12 a month with the EZ pay program.When I made a trip to Virginia I realized that if I upgrade it to the Platinum pass which includes all 8 Busch parks then I could get into Busch Gardens in Virginia by just upgrading the pass that I had which only cost me an extra .52 cents a month.I've never stopped paying it and still get charged like $12.50 a month when now that pass costs like $16 plus with the EZ pay and also includes the new waterpark in Orlando that's opening in March next to Sea World called Aquatica.So if you ask me I still use Disney the most but I think the Busch pass is the best deal since they give you a lot of extras like free entry to their Howl o scream event,they've sent us free admission to the luau at Sea World for your birthday and things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: