Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,289,527 times

Advertisements

Most likely due to the rebounding, or at least recovering economy, but it's actually starting to feel like the Holidays again. The city put up a brand new huge Christmas tree as well decorations throughout Lake Eola Park. Winter Park has new festive decorations up on Park Ave. Crane's Roost park not only has lights this year but even a Santa with his own little village. Even locals are getting back in the spirit. I drove through my old neighborhood and there were so many homes fully lit and decorated like when I was growing up. The past few years, particularly during the recession were drab and downright depressing. It's nice to see the spirit slowly returning. For anyone looking for a fun free activity, I would recommend taking a drive through the Spring Oaks neighborhood in Altamonte Springs with Magic 107.7 playing holiday tunes, do it now while the weather's seasonal. Lots of decorated homes, make sure to stop by Lemonwood Court, the entire street is decorated this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 AM

117 posts, read 212,482 times
Decorations in my neighborhood look pretty good this year compared to years past. I hear Orlando put up a pretty big tree around Eola but I haven't seen it. I work downtown too so that's pretty bad. Still, the city used to decorate quite a bit more around town but that budget was slashed a few years back when things really went downhill. The month has gone by too darn fast though. One week until Christmas?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,289,527 times
Yeah I miss the decorations all along Orange Ave, that was festive!

Old 12-18-2013, 07:35 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,388,910 times
I always enjoy Crane's Roost this time of year!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando