Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

58 posts, read 51,707 times

Advertisements

^^^ this drives me nuts about orlando. i havent seen more impatient, rude, and aggressive drivers than here in orlando, but i dont drive in miami, so maybe that's the exception. i was in nc for week and it was sooo nice not having to worry about all the crapola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,033 times
The weavers are all over, not just Orlando. At least in Orlando you don't have to worry about snow and ice covered roads 6 months of the year!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

i dont like snow or ice either... but some may rather take their chances over driving conditions here in orlando... either you havent lived here too long, or maybe u dont live here yet. orlando drivers = terrible

Old 11-27-2007, 03:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando'an View Post
i dont like snow or ice either... but some may rather take their chances over driving conditions here in orlando... either you havent lived here too long, or maybe u dont live here yet. orlando drivers = terrible
He's right. The weavers are everywhere. They are in NC too. At least people up there checked their mirror before doing that to go 45 miles per hour in the left lane like they do in Lauderdale. Now thats crappy driving. In O-Town at least it seems like the left lane is still the passing lane, for the most part, and the drivers seem to check their mirrors before they shift. No red light runners though, instead they just stop on green.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
The weavers are all over, not just Orlando. At least in Orlando you don't have to worry about snow and ice covered roads 6 months of the year!
If you're saying it's worse where you are from regarding drivers then you sound like the people you critisize who talk about thier own city's driving habits....besides when there are icy roads its not like there is people going around intentionally causing the accidents....that is more weather related...in Orlando there really is no excuse for the behavior of drivers here.....we have flat land with no real hills....and lots of our roads will have enough space for everyone to drive but for some reason everyone wants to push thier car up your rear and tailgate....and run red lights...and stop in the middle of the road because they are lost instead of pulling over to read a map....ect...it goes on and on...we don't have congestion or weather to blame for the majority of our drivers' attitudes in Orlando

Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 PM

^^^ good point thaspecial. we cant blame weather on our terrible driving habits, only ourselves. it gets snow and ice in nc where i used to live, and i'd pick that i think over driving in orlando.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,959 times
Default How NOT to drive on I-4

Do you really think that producing such poor pictures is worth the risk to others of driving in the left lane of I-4 in heavy traffic while photographing the scenery. No doubt you had your cellphone in your other hand...

Do us all a favor and concentrate on your driving - it's bad enough without your deliberate contribution to the problem of inattentive and inconsiderate driving.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 AM

40 posts, read 247,344 times
thanks for the pics. you may not realize how much people moving to the area might wanna take a peak before they get there. my family really enjoyed and appreciated your pics. thanks again.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
The glass can be half full or empty it is you that makes the difference. I have a 408 that is under construction but in short order I will have a nicer more effective highway... Downtown they are building and I see exciting new buildings coming. I could show you amazing flowers, lakes, smiles, parks, and so on... sometimes I have to drive on a road others share to get there. Im yet to see a city without that.
In Kansas City the roads were so bad they put out T shirts with orange barrels depicting all the highways under repair... the sad thing is after 5 years of work they still had bad roads and poor snow removal. If you don't like Orlando. find a better place and call it home. Seems people complain a lot here.... but don't leave. I'd rather focus on the positives. you take good pictures why not show us what you went to? instead of the distractions on the way.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:35 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
This is an old thread.. If anyone wants to post pictures showing off Orlando, I will put up a sticky. I don't want it to show only the bad as I know there are a lot of good things about Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando