Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 AM

290 posts, read 688,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by America097 View Post
What makes some neighborhoods worthy of fixing up and being stable and some of breaking down and falling apart?
Well clearly I can't answer that with a definitive answer as it's all subjective..but my guess would be if a neighborhood has unfortunately gone down the gutter and succumb to crime/gangs/drugs/etc, then it probably wouldn't be worthy of fixing up as that's a tough thing to do. But if it's an area that just has some older housing, then a fix up seems reasonable.

Although.. While it's not something you see down there so much, up here in NYC gentrification is huge in certain neighborhoods. They're neighborhoods that were in years past known as being filled with crime & drugs, but the rich have gone in and turned them into expensive, brownstone-type neighborhoods. So, I guess it all just depends on how much money you want to put into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM

7 posts, read 14,390 times
I agree with O-town Native's assessment of Conway/Belle Isle as having many established neighborhoods with long-time residents. Many of my neighbors (myself included) grew up in the area and/or have extended family that live in town.

As for Conway's life cycle, I think that it varies from neighborhood to neighborhood. In general, the neighborhoods in close proximity to the Conway chain of lakes are stable and will likely continue to increase in value. As you get closer to Semoran Blvd., the neighborhoods tend to be more working class.

I really like living in the Conway area. It's just minutes south of downtown, yet manages to retain an old-Florida feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando