Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 26,744 times

Advertisements

Fox and Jacobs and Centex Homes or the same company. Just a little note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 13,159 times
Default Centex Homes - Sullivan Ranch

Hi!

We moved here about 6 months ago and have enjoyed every minute! Like several others commenting here, we are from New England (RI) and fell in love with the area.

Our home is terrific! Sure, we have had issues that cropped up from time to time, but every one was addressed promptly and fixed to our satisfaction.

We have had two issues, though, one that is addressed in other comments below and one that is not, that I would like to elaborate on.

The first is that the clubhouse, we were told, would be accessible to everyone residing at Sullivan Ranch. That has not been true and we are now being told we can only use it if we rent it and pay a security deposit. We do feel like we were deceived. Centex is now telling us that, until all homes are sold and Centex pulls out, they will not allow usage of the clubhouse since they do not want to have to replace the furniture before they turn it over to the homeowners. Well, you can imagine how long it might take to sell all of the remaining lots in this economy! We could be dead by the time we get to actually use it.

The second issue is the Equestrian Center. It was understood that an equestrian center would be built by Centex and would be turned over to the HOA once the community was finished being built and sold, Centex now says they would not have the money to do so, due to environmental concerns, and are turning the land over to us with some sort of payment to the HOA.

I don't have a horse, but, again, this is not dealing in good faith.

Having built four homes, this is still the best situation and outcome we have faced with all of the builders and would still recommend Sullivan Ranch and Centex to anyone who asks.

Kind regards,

Old 10-17-2009, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,916 times
Anyone have any updates on Sullivan Ranch? My husband and I are looking at the community now. Just wanted to get some feedback as to whether you enjoy living there - what you like and dislike. Has there been any change to allow residents use of the clubhouse - is there access to the pool and fitness center? Has the dog park been built yet?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 9,551 times
Default sullivan ranch

Hi everyone, my wife and I are moving into a 2500 square foot home (Stayman) in Sullivan ranch and would be interested to know what the average electric bills are as well as which tv cable is available and what the average cost might be. Any additional information such as lawn care, or handyman and pool persons you might recommend. Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 9,391 times
Thumbs down Sullivan Ranch Landfill

My wife and I moved into Sullivan Ranch a little over a year ago. I am sad to say that there is an awful stench in the air. When we inquired about the smell we were told that it was caused by a mushroom farm that's 4 miles away. This explanation made sense, that when the wind blew in the right direction that it would carry the smell over to Sullivan Ranch. However when the stench became an everyday occurrence, I knew that it wasn't being caused by the mushroom farm. With a little research I discovered a privately owned landfill that is just a mile away. The address of the landfill is: 3300 State Road 46 Mt Dora, FL 32757.

The physical landfill is further away from the road which makes it even closer to Sullivan Ranch.

The sales representatives never disclosed this to us. We should of did more research of the area before buying a house in Sullivan Ranch. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE HERE until they remove the landfill! Get the word out! If you don't buy, then the builder will be forced to work on closing the landfill!

Google Maps link to landfill:
[url=http://www.phillyfairs.com/fairs2008/google_maps_link001.html]Sullivan Ranch Landfill - Google Maps[/url]

Last edited by vtxrider; 03-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Edited Link

Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 9,191 times
My husband and I have lived in Sullivan Ranch now for 4 years. We have never had a problem with a smell in the air in the neighborhood. The only time you do have a smell in the air, is when you are driving down Round Lake Road near the mushroom farm or down 46 by the landfill. Which happens to be over 5 miles away from the entrance to the neighborhood. This should not influence your decision to buy a house here in this gorgeous neighborhood. Our electric bills are very affordable. About $100 a month. We had bright house cable at our old house and just had it transferred over to our new house, that runs about $ 75 a month. Yes as of right now the club house is only accessible if you do pay a security deposit to rent the facility which is only $ 150. There is access to the pool and fitness room for free. You would receive a access card and key for these locations. The dog park is open in the rear of the neighborhood, and our dogs love it. Very open field, good atmosphere. Overall, we love our neighbor and have no problems what so ever.
Hope this has helped you.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM

741 posts, read 3,509,857 times
I have a Centex home in North Carolina. It is 1.5 yrs old. I love the layout and wish I could pick the house up and move it with me to Florida. Centex is now owned by Pulte. Pulte Buys Centex, Tries Branding Strategy - WSJ.com

Though I'm not in Sullivan Ranch or Florida yet I am happy with my Centex home even though I am selling it currently. I'd like to add : They use the worst paint! We got a whole houseful of Kiliam Beige that you cant even wash a mark off the wall. If you try to take a damp cloth to a "spot" on the wall it all comes off, paint and all. So if thats my only gripe then not to bad.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 17,191 times
Default Sullivan Ranch stench?

This question is directed at mtdoragirl10. I wanted to know if the smell really is noticeable in the community when you are walking around, etc. Does the smell seep into your home and cause any major issues? Thanks

Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 AM

76 posts, read 245,389 times
Jessie,

We've been living in the development for about 5 months now, and we love it here. I honestly haven't noticed the smell too much. On occasion, I'll smell something in the mornings before I leave for work, but it isn't off putting. If it weren't for others complaining on this board, I would not have noticed it. I'm not sure why other people mention that it "seeps," since on the rare instance that I do smell something, it's fairly faint.

Other than that, it's a terrific community and we're loving Mount Dora!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 17,191 times
Default Misinformation vtxrider

Vtxrider, I have done some research myself, and discovered that the landfill does not even accept garbage in their fill. It is only construction products such as wood and concrete, and would not cause a smell. So where does the smell come from in the landfill? I'm just confused and wanted some clarification regarding this "stench." Is it the landfill or the mushroom farm?

Sincerely,
JESSIE MACK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando