Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM

65 posts, read 336,065 times

Advertisements

I'm taking Megabus to Orlando next week to visit Disney World. I will be reaching Orlando by around 6AM. I'm planning to stay in a hotel in Kissimmee on US-192. My budget is $50 per night. I know the standard check-in time is 3PM. But, do any of the hotels allow checking in early in the morning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM

133 posts, read 277,567 times
I would call the hotel in advance to ask. Most hotels will hold your bags for you behind the counter so that you can do as you please until your room is ready. But if you're taking the bus to Kissimmee via bus #50 and #56, plan on it taking a couple of hours to get out there.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:09 AM

158 posts, read 371,740 times
I recently found out in Tampa that hotels will let you check in at 6am. I'm not sure if they do that here though.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,027,915 times
If they have a room available, they ,isn't let you in early, but do not count on it unless you have also booked a day room.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM

385 posts, read 1,403,188 times
I work at a hotel; our policy is that if there is a clean room available you can check in anytime after dateroll. However, many hotels will set an earliest available time and stick to it even if there are clean rooms, or may charge an extra fee for early check-in. Every hotel is different and the best option is to call your hotel and find out their policy. In any case, no hotel will be able to give you a room if all the rooms are occupied (even if there are vacancies in other categories, the category you booked may not have any open rooms, or someone could have showed up at 5AM and gotten the only vacant room.) Contrary to popular belief, full hotels happen frequently.

If you absolutely want to be assured of a ready room at 6AM the only real option is to book the night before. And do not expect to get your money back on the first night because you "weren't using it". You are using the room; even if you are not physically present in the room that first the hotel is not able to sell it.

-Harry

Last edited by hgebel; 12-26-2013 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 PM

109 posts, read 143,732 times
Many Orlando hotels wont let you check in early because when they did the people abused it but using the pool all day, laundry etc and really not paying for it.

Most post, check in at 2 pm etc even if they have clean rooms.

If they let people check in at 9 am they sit and use the pool all day and get all those hours of time using their facilities and not paying for it.

Learned from experience many years ago. Flew in when we came down on vacation, tried to check in since flight was early and wanted to get to the room to get ready to have some fun and was told nope. We cannot allow it because officially you cannot use our facilities until 2 pm.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:15 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Most hotels will allow you to check-in early IF they have available rooms.

I've had flights where I arrive early morning and first I do is go to the hotel and say my flight just arrived, so can I check in now. They will either say yes or we don't have any clean rooms now. If they say we don't have any clean rooms now, they will usually say give us a call in (x) hours or we'll give you a call as soon as one is available. The earliest I've been able to check in was 8AM. For me, I rarely ever have a problem checking in after NOON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando